De Havilland Vampire J-28C - 1:72 Airfix

Rod The Fixer

welcome along Rod with something very nice!

we haven't had a Vampire yet, so it's a very nice addition to the GB, and she looks from the photos to be a nice model as well.

Good luck with the build, look forward to following the progress and seeing her in the gallery at the end.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice start! Great looking cockpit.

I have the same kit - which I have been trying to find Finnish decals for, with no luck. I might do the swedish version of I can't find Finnish ones. But thats for the Nordic GB Part 2 :P

• Haha 2

Ooo nice to see this one hasn't been forgotten about (though I did! :whistle:), some nice quick progress.

That cockpit looks nice.

You still have plenty of time to complete her.

Impressive paintwork quality and done quickly Rod. Only advice I can offer is to paint that central panel on the rear canopy section as that was metal rather than clear ;) 

11 hours ago, Col. said:

Impressive paintwork quality and done quickly Rod. Only advice I can offer is to paint that central panel on the rear canopy section as that was metal rather than clear ;) 

Thanks mate 👍

I'll fix it asap 😀

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, reini said:

Well certainly! Great chipping on the bottom and very good work overall. What is your method for chipping btw? And what do you use for panel lines?

For chipping I have used the method that usually I use with the tank:

1. Primer, (Mr Surface heavy diluted with Nitro)

2. A coat of aluminum

3. A coat of chipping fluid (in this case Ak Worn Effect)

4. A coat of gray

5. moisten the surface with water, you can remove the paint with brushes or toothpick and see the color beneath it
Obviously you have to wait that every paint is dried ...

For the panel lines in this case I used the Ak Panel Line

• Thanks 1

superb build with a wonderful finish, there's definitely a spot in the gallery just waiting for her! :thumbsup:

Well done on completing her, a quick build and so nicely done as well. 

I hope you enjoyed the GB, was really nice to have you along with this wonderful model.

Real beutifull jobb with that Vampire! I almost can hear it start up it engines at F14, Kungliga Hallands Flygflottilj in Halmstad, Sweden!

Cheers / André 

Edited by Andre B

Rod, there seems to be something wrong with my computer as i could press the "like" button only once😉

Really nice work; I admire especially that paint chipping. Unfortunately I found this GB too late as I could have provided you with photos, colour comparisons and measurements... The other aircraft (SE-DXTT) was in "my care" for one winter here in Finland, so I filled my notebook with all kind of "Vampire stuff".

Cheers,

Antti

• Like 2

Very nicely done, especially the prototypical heavy chipping under the fuselage! :yes:

I’ve nearly completed building the same model in the same scheme, but I noticed that the ‘first aid’ decal according to Airfix’s instructions is in the wrong place. It should be on the hatch, port side, below the canopy. No biggie, but I do wish they’d do their research before releasing their instructions on unwitting victims. :rant: 
In any case, I hope mine turns out as nice as yours. :coolio:
Bill. 

P.S. The lack of ejector seat markings is simply because the real aircraft is civilian registered (SE-DXU) and thus isn’t permitted to fly with live ejector seats.