Finished: the graceful Yokosuka Ginga Japanese twin engined bomber (Hasegawa 1/72)

Roy,

Beautiful Frances, well worth the work you put in.

I wish there was a 1/48 model, èlas, I'm afright I have to scratch one. 

But I still figuring how to make that glass nose....

Thanks for sharing your build 👍

Cheers,

JohnHaa

• Like 1

Very nice. Delightful to see another type, originating within and from efforts of the hard pressed aviation industry in the dying days Dai Nippon Teikoku. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your reactions fellows!

@JohnHaa best way to make a glass nose like that is probably vacuforming. It's not that hard, I think I showed how I do it in my Dornier 17 topic. 

@Bigglesof266 it was a delight to try something out of my comfort zone.. that also applies to the oil canning effect. 

I realise I have not shown that too well on the above photos. Here a close-up: 

49673930153_6bb59a351c_b.jpg 

Great work on this Ginga. Your work and the pictures highlight another elegant eye-pleasing Japanese design. What did make you choose this colour for the prop spinners?

Cheers, Michael

Beautiful job on a plane we don't often see.  I have to agree with others, we really could use a 1/48 version of this plane.  In fact there are a whole slew of great Japanese planes that have never made it into 1/48 kits.  Am I imagining this or is It only Ukrainian kit companies that have need issuing new kits recently of Japanese planes (which seems odd but very welcome)?

What a beauty I really like the looks of the Japanese twin engine jobs.  Pilots view when landing cant have been good though the cockpit is a long way aft and the engines are in the way for side vision.