Hasegawa Embraer E-170 "Alitalia Express"

Hello modellers:

This is going to be my first contribution on this lovely forum. I have been only airliner modelling for almost 15 years and this is my 5.th completed model. Yep I am a kind of rivet counter modeller :) 

Although It takes some time for me to built, kit was straightforward and it was fun to build. Painted with Revell enamels (04 for fuselage 371 for wings) and applied thin clear coats of Tamiya X-22. Following the application of clear coats oil wash applied.

I am not satisfied the quality of Gio decals. Although it is thin and colors are vibrand I was really disappointed and it seemed to be completely unresponsive to Microsol. Whatever I tried, final result was more silvering decal, not even smooth surface. 

The model actually is still incompleted because  winglet decals were destroyed during the application. I am planing to DIY project to reproduce them.

Hope you like it

Greetings from Germany

Berk.

Hasegawa 1/144 Embraer -170 Alitalia Express

• Like 40

Hi Berk,

Welcome to BM and what a fantastic first post! 

I really like your crisp finish and subtle weathering. How did you achieve such neat wheel hubs? 

Definitely looking forward to more airliner models from your workbench, let's hope you can speed up your production rate to more than 1 every 3 years!!

Cheers,

Ian

Herzlich wilkommen Berk and thanks for sharing your lovely model. Alitalia green stripe has always been one of my favourite liveries and it looks great on the E-170.

Can I offer one suggestion? Authentic Airliner Decals make a wide range of excellent "photo real" cockpit and cabin window decals which really enhance any model airliner. Their range includes all the E-jets and if you are interested this is how they look on an E-170 which I finished a few months ago.

All the best 

Dave G

Hi Berk.

What a lovely introduction.  I agree with Dave on the use of the Authentic Airliner decal,  they will make a huge difference.

I'm looking forward to your next completed model.

Chris.

PS Don't take any notice of that Turbofan fellow.  He's always in a rush. :tease:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...