BAT F.K. 26, scratch, 1/48

British with some dutch flavor.

Dear Modellers,

The BAT F.K.26 was a British single-engined four-passenger biplane transport aircraft produced

by the British Aerial Transport Company Limited of London at the end of World War I.

As The First War drew to a close the aircraft designer Frederick Koolhoven designed a civil four-

passenger wooden and fabric civil transport, the F.K.26. The four passengers had an enclosed cabin

and the pilot sat above and behind the cabin in an open cockpit. The prototype (Registered K-102)

first flew in April 1919. The second aircraft was displayed at the First Air Traffic Exhibition in Amsterdam in July 1919. The third machine (also known as the BAT Commercial Mk 1) was displayed at the Olympia Aero Show in July 1920. The fourth aircraft (Registered G-EAPK), built in November 1919, was the last aircraft produced by the British Aerial Transport Company (BAT). G-EAPK was sold

to Instone Air Line and was based at Croydon Airport for charter work and scheduled services to Paris.

When the company closed, Koolhoven returned to the Netherlands. He later bought G-EEAI (the

prototype) and exhibited it at the 1937 Netherlands Aero Show.

(Wikipedia)

It was a complicated build, building the fuselage and in the same time building the passenger cabin interieur

was well, interesting. 😉    But I had the same situation with my Boeing Model 40C.

I build the fourth plane because I liked the blue- silver paintjob. It was one of my first excercises in printing the decals with my PC. The result was not perfect but it passed the exam.

I hope you will enjoy the photographs !

Kind regards

JohnHaa

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 38
  • Thanks 4

Very impressive.

Having almost finally finished my pretty rough Avro 504 I can truely say I have nothing but admiration for anyone who can scratchbuild a biplane this well. 

Congratulations on this fine piece of work. 👍

Dear modellers,

Thank you very much for your nice comments !

I'm glad that I posted my model on this forum and give many people much pleasure

enjoying the pictures.

I think it is very important, just in these difficult times, to keep an eye open for the nicer things in

live.

With kind greetings

JohnHaa

• Like 1

Fabulous and utterly charming model, recalling the days when a pilot needed to feel the wind in his face.

It has an almost innocent look, belying the fact that it was born from the aeronautical experiences of a war about nothing in particular in which millions were slaughtered…

Superb modelling as we've been spoiled to expect.

Kind regards,

Joachim