Avro Lancaster (Matchbox 1/72)

Ol' Scrapiron

Interesting project you have there!

I have the Matchbox Lancaster in my stash too but also couple of Airfix versions.

Our modelling club just got a question from some city service if we were willing to donate some models to people who like to build models but who either lost their job, or are in poverty now with covid and cannot buy models anymore. So I was gathering some models that I would never build and the Lancaster is part of the package. So it was nice to see someone still building it!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well I almost blew it.

I have been visiting from time to time and enjoying seeing all the beautiful Lanc builds cross the finish line -- and suddenly realized I had not finished mine. Yikes!!!

I put the last touches on hold way back when I thought the hobby shop would re-open and I could get some decal creator liquid to make decal strips for the canopy framing. Looking at my previous posts, that was back on April 8th. What a slacker. I got busy on other digital art projects while the Lanc sat over on the workbench feeling ignored and unloved.

Last night I went ahead and brushed the frames simply to get it "done" and ready to shoot some pics this afternoon. I think there are some antennas needed under the back of the fuselage and recognition lights and wingtip lights. Those will get added later (or not). I am already eyeing the other Matchbox Lancaster thinking I may need another go armed with all the tips, tricks, techniques, experiments, research, etc., that I have seen from everyone else.

Enough banter... on to the pics - warts and all!

spacer.png

-

spacer.png

-

spacer.png

-

spacer.png

-

spacer.png

• Like 2

Nav lights... Now you got me asking myself where are my Lanc's nav lights :bangin:

I'm glad you joined and built yourself a nice Lancaster! What's your tally between Lanc and Fort models now? 1 - 447 :winkgrin: V-P

• Haha 1