Hobbyboss 1 /48 F-105D Thunderchief "Pussy Galore"

Hey guys,

Another finished model.Started as a group build subject some 4 years ago,turned into comission build. F-105D Thud "Pussy Galore" 1/48 scale from Hobbyboss.Added cockpit PE set from Eduard,painted with Gunze acrylics and used AMMO washes and pigments.Sorry for the pics low quality but the model is a beast and its hard to take food pics with the smartphone.

Cheers,

Bruno

F-105D-1.jpg
F-105D-2.jpg
F-105D-3.jpg
F-105D-4.jpg
F-105D-5.jpg
F-105D-6.jpg
F-105D-7.jpg
F-105D-8.jpg
F-105D-9.jpg
F-105-D-10.jpg
F-105-D-11.jpg

• Like 44

Wow - that's brilliant.

I have recently watched a lecture on youtube from the Western Museum of Flight about F-105s in Vietnam, and this aircraft is mentioned with particular reference to how it excited the tanker crews.

Thanks for posting.

Vulcanfan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

THE best nose art EVER!!!!!!  Oh did I mention that the 105 is pretty darn good too???  

Well done Bruno!!!!! 

Mike

Thanks for your comments guys.The nose art is really great.This time Hobbyboss did a good job with the decal sheet.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, Unfinished project said:

Cracking Thinderchief nicely worn paintwork and top-shelf nose art 👌🏻👌🏻

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

great Thud! Excellent build, although I find the weathering may be a bit overdone.

But again, this is a matter of taste, and it is your kit, so what you want goes!

I just finished reading a book called "Thud pilot" by Victor Vizcarra.

He is the one who painted that nose art on two F-105s. The first Thud was NMF, while the second (and last) one was camouflaged, and is the one you have built!

From his accounts, the painting did not last very long, as the Wing's boss caught sight of it, and kind of lost it... Some people!

Anyway, great built of an iconic plane!

Cheers

JR

• Thanks 1