Revell 1/25 Corvette C5-R LeMans

Since I'm new here, I thought I would dig out some old builds of mine to share. I wanted it to be a simple out-of-the-box build, but that changed when I saw the body that was in the box. As far as I can tell, it was based on a prototype road car that was never produced. There are several differences between the kit's body, and the actual car. When Revell released a kit of the C5-R of the 2001 Daytona 24 hour race, I thought I could use that body for the LeMans car, because I prefer the yellow/white scheme better than the all-yellow scheme. Needless to say, that ended up not working either. I ended up using the front and rear of the Daytona kit, cut and spliced onto the Lemans center section (with some scoop modification). Also, the LeMans kit had terrible Revell decals, but the Daytona kit had very nice Cartograph decals, so I used those wherever possible. Anyway, enough talk, on to some photos...

Cheers, Corbin

rNYu4bw.jpg

WOiYolF.jpg

87vQDSD.jpg

wtK1DIh.jpg

1uYVq74.jpg

b5T36zp.jpg

guthqaD.jpg

• Like 15

Welcome to the forums! 

That looks nice! I know nothing of these cars so the work you did is lost on me but the end result is stunning. Do you currently have ongoing builds? 

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Jeroen, I have an embarrassing number of kits in progress, but the ones at the top of the pile are: Revell Corvette C7.R,  Aoshima Daihatsu Copen, and Fujimi Aventador. How soon any of those actually gets finished is anyone's guess though! :)

Cheers, Corbin