Thanks for popping by Guys, and the nice words. 

6 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I think I'm going to have a go at a project like this.

It's addictive, you'll never go back to following the instructions in the box!

• Like 1

Page 3! Where are the girls then?

In the meantime I'll do another quick update. I've progressed on the light sails and fitted the main engine parts.

OxnxCQy.jpg

Slightly out of focus but hopefully you can see some of the markings applied yesterday.

X3nnJHh.jpg

Better focus on this one. More markings and a little of the weathering paint is discernible.

FOyAqpU.jpg

The upper deck and you can see how I fitted the Puma doors to deflect those pesky meteors.

Cet8ibz.jpg

I like how these turned out. The black bit was the clear part but has been coloured in with a magic marker which gives a streaky effect.

2TFBu3L.jpg

The main engines. I've not gone for a sooty look but rather a 100 Octane grey stain.

bY9glzk.jpg

I'm going to sack that focus puller! However, you should just about see how the sails look at the back.

Tl7FJNw.jpg

Sail detail shot. I fitted these bits this morning. Just Panzer parts but now some sort of power transformer.

vOynphF.jpg

The back (closest) and front of the sails. This afternoon I sprayed the backs, and will detail & paint the fronts tomorrow.

T6cpckG.jpg

And here's how it fits to the ship. A bent metal rod, Two bits of tube and an old Biro spring. This simply plugs in and will be removable.

So that's your lot for another day. More soon. Thanks for keeping six feet away, and use a mask if you comment. Pete

• Like 8

On 10/04/2020 at 19:49, Pete in Lincs said:

And we're back again. I got a couple of hours this afternoon so I did a bit of work and took some pictures, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing!

0JNHzUm.jpg

Building a yellow submarine with to-scale John Lennon?

Jokes aside, it’s looking great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1