Takom Bergepanzer 2

The Master's MG looks marvellous. Didn't even know that they have this, but now I want one too. Don't really know which project I could add it to, but I want one.

Of course replace the saggy Takom MG. 

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys ,So I popped together the Master MG-42 under the guise of a MG-3 

I still have a few bits to sort out with the sight but it looks superb, Its not glued as it will get paint first, the forward body is so fragile 

it's crazy, just the slightest pressure and it deforms so you have to be very careful in handling it. Not a criticism as they have manged to get it scale

but a warning to anyone who buys this bit of amazing kit. It need to handled with respect.  It looks a bit bowed on some of the pictures but I think that's and optical 

Illusion, its very straight. 

The mount has had further detailing added, I still need to scratch the travel lock but I've added a few extras that Takom missed.

P1080136

P1080135

P1080134

P1080133

P1080132

With a bit of paint I think it will look great, I have to add the resin ammo belt but that will be one of the last items added before the gun get fixed to the mount.

Keep staying safe everyone, 

Thanks for looking in.

Dan 

• Like 15

:gobsmacked: WOW amazing job on the MG what caliber bullets did you say you are making for that to fire :mg:

Cracking job there Dan  👍

Stay Safe 

beefy 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

:gobsmacked: WOW amazing job on the MG what caliber bullets did you say you are making for that to fire :mg:

Cracking job there Dan  👍

Stay Safe 

beefy 

I think I can pass these off Beefy, they are 7.92mm rather than 7.62mm though so not entirely accurate :frantic: close enough for govt work. 

P1080137

Dan

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Cheers guys, 

So a break away from the MG whilst I figure out how to scratch the travel lock, the kit lacks a few welds in just a couple of places 

with the noticeable area being the front. I've added this from the Archer decal set, 2 min job but effective.

P1080143

P1080142

P1080141

P1080140

A few more on the rear of the vehicle but I'll add those when the top and bottom hull are joined.

Dan 

• Like 14

Catching up on your build thread, outstanding!

Brilliant attention to detail, as ever, the little MG 3 is a work of art.

Such a clean and tidy build, even unpainted.

Looking forward to seeing it under paint. 

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Catching up on your build thread, outstanding!

Brilliant attention to detail, as ever, the little MG 3 is a work of art.

Such a clean and tidy build, even unpainted.

Looking forward to seeing it under paint. 

Cheers

Darryl 

What he said!

Stay safe           Roger

• Thanks 1

Excellent work you've done there Dan. I've got those Archer weld beads, but I've been loath to use them as to me they end up looking like a zip. Hopefully when the paint goes on they will look OK.

John.

• Thanks 1

Cheers Chaps,

Hope you are all well and coping with life at the moment :thumbsup:

So I'm now on leave for a week, Been told that I have to much leave left so booked a week off as of tonight, this means bench time 

for me, well a day or so as the good Mrs Dads has more DIY planned for me. :o

So more of the details added, as they say the devil is in the detail so I'm using the Archer Surface Details, same as the welds, they are 3d printed resin on a clear decal carrier 

so it gives a nice effect even under paint. The hook assembly is now sporting the max weight label. 

P1080146

P1080145

A bit fiddly but well worth the effort, need to let this dry completely as they are fragile and seal them in with Mr Surfacer so they don't move.

More later.

Dan  

• Like 12

Hi Panzair,

amazing progress !, it is incredible how far you can go with the detailed, it makes you rethink whether to continue modeling ... or change your hobby.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Panzair,

amazing progress !, it is incredible how far you can go with the detailed, it makes you rethink whether to continue modeling ... or change your hobby.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Hi Francis , 

Cheers buddy but i think you have confused me with someone else, I’m the good looking one :giggle:

Regards

Dan 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Hi Francis , 

Cheers buddy but i think you have confused me with someone else, I’m the good looking one :giggle:

Regards

Dan 

Hi John,

I was trying to catch up, and I didn't realize that I missed the greeting, of course, you're the guy I wanted to address ... lol, sorry.:oops:

• Haha 1

Just now, FrancisGL said:

Hi John,

I was trying to catch up, and I didn't realize that I missed the greeting, of course, you're the guy I wanted to address ... lol, sorry.:oops:

That’s fine Steve :thumbsup:

Glad your following along mate 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

That’s fine Steve :thumbsup:

Glad your following along mate 

Hi DAN,

Definitely, once I was wrong, but I am already seeing that I am not alone, because the connection is going very slowly and it seems to be choppy at times, it takes a long time to refresh the page, especially when I submit the answer, which It doesn't seem to work, until I refresh the page, and sometimes I have to retype everything.
Sorry again ...
Cheers
STEVE 😇

• Haha 1

No worries Francis,

Now back to the build, some of the parts have been primed up ready for some paint, these are mainly around the boom area, these bits will get a shot of gloss black ready for metallic

paint.  

P1080149

And the almost completed hook assembly.

P1080148

P1080147

More later 

Dan 

• Like 7