Takom Bergepanzer 2

Guys, thank you all for the raft of likes, wow :frantic:

So only a hour in the workshop tonight, mud flaps are primed and prepped for spraying now, possibly over the weekend 

but I have been working on a few more bits of stowage. Added a jerry can to the mix, this still needs weathering up yet and an old generic

can of some sorts. 

P1080451

P1080452

P1080453

So I need to get some pigments on the upper surfaces and sort out the last few parts such as the mud flaps, then get some mud and dust in the relevant areas. After that its figure time :thumbsup:

So looking forward to painting Flecktarn :o

Enjoy folks, hopefully more over the weekend but I can see me being roped into more DIY .... Damn you Covid ! 

Stay safe 

Dan 

• Like 10

Run out of expletives Dan. Your Bergepanzer looks outstanding and in the right setting could be mistaken for a 1:1

Not far to the finish line now

Roger

• Thanks 1

As everybody said...the little details you add Dan are fantastic!!

But there is one little detail you missed 😉 ..on all Bundeswehr vehicles carrying the MG3 there is a Flak-Visier added to the MG.

Perfect Scale has is it as a small PE fret

MG3 Flak Visier

Or their MG3 with the PE fret

Perfect Scale MG3

Alex

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Added a jerry can to the mix, this still needs weathering up yet and an old generic can of some sorts. 

Although someone may be having a conversation with their Feldwebel when they discover that they stowed it away with the cap still open !

Cracking work Dan and a lesson that you don't always need to throw a bucket full of resin aftermarket parts at a kit to guild the lily. 

• Thanks 1

Guys, Ta for the feedback on the build so far :thumbsup:

On 03/07/2020 at 22:04, coneheadff said:

As everybody said...the little details you add Dan are fantastic!!

But there is one little detail you missed 😉 ..on all Bundeswehr vehicles carrying the MG3 there is a Flak-Visier added to the MG.

Perfect Scale has is it as a small PE fret

MG3 Flak Visier

Or their MG3 with the PE fret

Perfect Scale MG3

Alex

Cheers Alex, I did notice the new sights that the MG-3 has but I'm going to leave it as is I'm afraid, I'm only using using what I have 

rather than buying in, the sight is something beyond my skills to scratch up and most people wouldn't notice matey.

So not much done over the weekend on the build, I had other duties of the DIY nature to attend as ordered by CnC Home Front. 

So I've managed to paint up the PE mud flaps, they have been painted to try and represent rubber that has been painted over, as they are flexible 

you would get a lot of cracking around the fold and general cracking as they move a lot. chipping fluid was used over a Tamiya rubber black. 

They will get further weathering up with the rest of vehicle yet and will be the last thing glued on. 

P1080456

P1080455

Prepping and finishing off the figures, the driver torso got his missing pockets. Buttons yet to be added, the greenstuff is not cured yet. 

P1080463

P1080464

First crewman gets seems filled and primed up 

P1080458

P1080459

Cheers 

Dan 

• Like 10

A bit of face painting,

Details have been blocked in and I'm in the process of adding the flesh tones, 5 used so far for the face of the commander figure,

Four tones of grey for the black beret, and three tones of olive drab for the headset parts, His hair is also 3 tones of brown, darkest being the base coat. Still loads to do with this chap yet to refine it him bit further

such as blending in the greys on his head dress. 

P1080467

P1080469

P1080466

P1080468

P1080472

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Richard E said:

Making good progress Dan.

Not sure if it's just me but the way your crew have been sculpted they look cold, wet and thoroughly fed up.

Just another "exercise in Germany" look then Richard?  I think Valkyrie did a great job with these figures and they look like they 

are in cold weather gear to me, not being an expert with Bundeswehr kit.

• Haha 1

Keeps getting better Dan! The paintwork on the chaps head is excellent, as is the rest of the build for that matter.

Great work 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Just another "exercise in Germany" look then Richard?  I think Valkyrie did a great job with these figures and they look like they 

are in cold weather gear to me, not being an expert with Bundeswehr kit.

They'd look even more miserable if they've had to manhandle wet hessian type camnets like we had in the 60s:hmmm:

Nice work on those figures Dan, especially the face painting.

John.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Cheers Guys,

I managed an hour at the bench last night and had a crack at Flecktarn :frantic: I'm not sure yet if I have the colours balanced yet or even the pattern ? 

P1080478

P1080477

P1080476

P1080475

P1080474

P1080473

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 11

Cheers Roger :thumbsup:

Just a quick test, this guy needs finishing off so its not the final article, trousers need painting and more refining of the cam required yet 

but I was eager to see what he would look like. 

P1080479

P1080480

P1080481

P1080482

He really looks chuffed 

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 11

Good start on the Flecktarn Dan.

It might just be the lighting but I wonder if he needs what my Grandmother would describe as a little bit more colour in his cheeks - he looks slightly pale on my monitor ?

• Thanks 1

Cheers chaps :thumbsup:

The lighting in the workshop is very bright, I have 6 daylight bulbs shining down on the bench so it has a tendency to wash out the lighter colours Richard. He’s not my best attempt at painting up a head sculpt tbh so it might get stripped back and re painted later:analintruder:

I’ve finished the basics on his trousers now and I’m thinking of adding a filter to help blend in the colours on the uniform before the flat varnish, more detail painting  has also been done so rank slides and draw cords have been picked out.

Next figure up will be the driver. 

Dan 

• Like 2