Takom Bergepanzer 2

Wish I had your patients Dan Bergepanzer really coming to life now!

Looking forward to the next instalment

Stay safe        Roger

• Thanks 1

Only a veteran will fuss over the cam net, Many an hour spent cable tying those cam squares on the net, cutting some into triangles alternating between the green side and the brown side..... happy days. I am constantly looking for some decent hessian. Obviously I am catching up Dan.

Edited by Mike
Removing large photo-quote.
  • Thanks 1

Cheers chaps, 

9 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

A nice feature could be to paint the marks for the board tools

bild019_2gmakqa.jpg

I'm going to do this Harry, we did the same on my old squadron with kit, each wagon was assigned a colour and all the ancillary kit was marked with the colour you were given, from the smallest screwdriver 

to recovery ropes. I've seen plenty of evidence that the German Army did or does the same.  I'll be adding the wood grain to the tools first though :thumbsup:

Sorting out the road wheels at the moment 

P1080296

P1080297

P1080298

One side down, one more to do :frantic:

And this is my masking up method,  easy and quick, a circle stencil, £2.99 from Amazon 

P1080299

Enjoy and Stay safe folks 

Dan 

• Like 15

A few pictures from over the weekend,

Pack lifting frame is getting weathered up, dark brown oil wash with some highlights added at this point, next up a bit of chipping. 

P1080303

P1080309

P1080310

Tools are getting some attention, starting with the shovels 

P1080308

And the pack stand, just started the basic's on this, much more to do yet.

P1080305

More to follow chaps 

Dan 

• Like 13

Very neat weathering effect on the shovels Dan.

One question which has been puzzling my simple mind for some time: presumably the body of the tank is attached to its stand with a magnet inside the hull - how do you get the magnet out when you have finished your latest masterpiece ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard E said:

Very neat weathering effect on the shovels Dan.

One question which has been puzzling my simple mind for some time: presumably the body of the tank is attached to its stand with a magnet inside the hull - how do you get the magnet out when you have finished your latest masterpiece ?

Hi Richard

The magnets are on the handle, you pop two steel discs inside the hull, I leave them inside once finished. On an MBT model you can recover the disc's easy enough, you get a stack of ten in the with the handle. 

You can probably use steel washers well enough as a replacement if you don't recover the supplied discs 

Dan 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, flashlight said:

Very nice detailing work, I especially like the padlocks - are they provided with the kit's etched parts or are they aftermarket or maybe custom made?

Have a nice day

Nick

Cheers Nick,

I think they were left overs from a Accurate Armour Chieftain conversion. I think they sell padlocks as a separate item ? 

Dan 

12 hours ago, flashlight said:

Very nice detailing work, I especially like the padlocks - are they provided with the kit's etched parts or are they aftermarket or maybe custom made?

11 hours ago, Dads203 said:

I think they were left overs from a Accurate Armour Chieftain conversion. I think they sell padlocks as a separate item ?  

Yes they do: Link here

• Thanks 2

Good detail work Dan. This is the second one that I've seen today. There's a finished one over on Missing Lynx in the colours and markings of the Australian army.

John.

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys for the comments and feedback on the progress so far :thumbsup:

Decal time. Only the areas around the decals gets the Klear treatment, after they have dried off then a quick blast of flatt varnish.

P1080318

P1080319

P1080320

P1080321

Cheers for stopping in and checking progress.

Dan 

• Like 13

I always love the first look at the model, when the decals are finally on. It's like: Oh, now I can finally see the character of the model.

Fantastic job so far!

Edited by vaoinas
  • Thanks 1

Thank you guys,

So more detail painting tonight, not much really to look at in the grand scheme of things really but the tools have been tagged up,

Decals have had a flatt varnish to blend and seal them in.  The pack stand has had some work done, so it will be onto the main weathering up soon.

P1080328

P1080329

P1080326

P1080327

P1080325

P1080324

P1080323

Cheers for taking the time to check in people 

Dan 

• Like 12