Takom Bergepanzer 2

Dan that anti slip stuff looks the Dogs Dangly bits 👍

makes you wonder why they stopped producing it  :idea:it looks like a god send for modern armour modellers suprised AK or MIG have not done something like it.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Dan that anti slip stuff looks the Dogs Dangly bits 👍

makes you wonder why they stopped producing it  :idea:it looks like a god send for modern armour modellers suprised AK or MIG have not done something like it.

Stay Safe

beefy

Cheers chaps,

Mig Ammo has an anti-slip paste on the market but I don’t know of anyone who has used it so I can’t comment on it. the Cast A Coat finished when when Cammet closed up shop a few years ago which is a real shame, it’s very realistic.

Not much done today I’m afraid, had chores to do but I’m hopeful tomorrow to get another update out.

Stay safe 

Dan 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

the Cast A Coat when when Cammet closed up shop a few years ago which is a real shame,

Didn't Robin sell up to some belgian company I know they started doing a lot of the cast resin stuff for the ship builder side of things  :idea:

beefy

• Thanks 1

Todays efforts chaps, another small update.

Convoy plate now done, soldered this bit up for strength, replaced the kit plastic part.

P1080207

P1080215

P1080214

P1080216

Wing mirror on the crane, let this until after the anti-slip 

P1080213

P1080210

P1080209

Not sure what this is but it's missing from the kit ? 

P1080212

P1080211

So,  there are a number of hooks around the hull sides, these are for adding camouflaged or for securing a tarp so I'll be adding these soon,  after that the interior gets a blast of back paint

and the scopes added so then I can join the upper and lower hulls. :frantic:

Regards

Dan  

• Like 11

Looks great Dan - I've not used my Cast-A-Coat for years to my shame :blush: You can do a reasonable rendition of Cast-A-Coat with some PVA and some pumice powder, as I found out a few years back.  You can buy pumice powder in various grades, so help yourself to a few, get some PVA and dilute it, maybe adding some flow improver so it doesn't blob up, and have a go :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cheers Mike,

I have plenty of Cast A Coat in the stores for a while so I'm good on that front :thumbsup:

So another update, spent yesterday getting ready to close up the hull, scopes were asked up and glued into place and in the inside of the hull painted black.

Tracks are off for the moment as they are delicate.

P1080230

P1080222

Front winch hatch now in place.

P1080224

More hooks on the RHS added,  "A" frame brackets being added to the rear, the hull is now joined up.

P1080227

More chains for the pack frame mounts. 

P1080226

Close to primer now on this build, I've had to order some paint for the main colours so it might be a while before paint time, still plenty to be getting on with 

Dan 

• Like 11

You're making good progress Dan.

One question, have you replaced the muzzle of the First World War style Maxim Gun on the front glacis plate: it looks like the hollowed out muzzle has disappeared in the most recent pictures ?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Richard E said:

You're making good progress Dan.

One question, have you replaced the muzzle of the First World War style Maxim Gun on the front glacis plate: it looks like the hollowed out muzzle has disappeared in the most recent pictures ?

I have indeed Richard, all the ref material show that the older vehicles had the big flash hider and the newer were the cut down version covered with a rubber bung . 
I changed my build to reflect this as it’s going to be painted in the 3 colour scheme. Well done for spotting this :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys, 

Moving onto the rear of the vehicle I've popped together 2 of the 4 "a" frame bars, these are missing in the interlink for some strange reason,

Leopard club make a set that adds these but it's out of stock and has been for a while. I was considering scratching them but they are complicated 

little assemblies. I hope they get them back in stock soon. 

http://leopardclub.ca/workshop/LW051/

They need a bit more cleaning up yet which will be done once they are dry. 

P1080231

P1080232

Pack frame is now primed up 

P1080233

Padlock added to the rear track tool bin 

P1080235

Regards

Dan 

• Like 13

I have to say not overly sure how I missed this but having just sat and read through it really impressive build sir love your usual attention to detail . I do for some reason have a bit of a thing for recovery vehicles really like this.

on the anti slip side . VMS do an anti slip which is pretty much identical to cast a coat . 
keep up the excellent work looking forward to the paint stage .

terry

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, viper-30 said:

I have to say not overly sure how I missed this but having just sat and read through it really impressive build sir love your usual attention to detail . I do for some reason have a bit of a thing for recovery vehicles really like this.

on the anti slip side . VMS do an anti slip which is pretty much identical to cast a coat . 
keep up the excellent work looking forward to the paint stage .

terry

Cheers Terry,

You don’t happen to have the link for the VMS Anti-Slip do you?  Ivan will be pleased to get stocked up again and I’m sure others would like know :thumbsup:

Regards

Dan 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers Terry,

You don’t happen to have the link for the VMS Anti-Slip do you?  Ivan will be pleased to get stocked up again and I’m sure others would like know :thumbsup:

Regards

Dan 

Thanks Dan I’ll take a look 😀👍

• Like 1

So the last few plastic parts going on now, the "A" Frames are complete and test fitted into the mounts, a couple of missing welds added 

so this is basically the rear almost done now. 

P1080236

P1080237

P1080238

P1080239

Front towing points are done apart from the chains for the locking pins.

P1080240

P1080241

Now its just basically the two tow ropes that need to be added and the mounting brackets  on the rear deck, a few more chains and then primer. 

I might scratch up the interlink brackets for the "A" frames yet and I need to address the travel lock for the MG-3 so not long until we get into paint.

Cheers for looking and stay safe.

Dan 

• Like 11