Takom Bergepanzer 2

So folks with the M113 rapidly coming to an end I thought I'd let you all in on the next project. Undecided on the scheme but it might be the NATO 3 colour jobbie ? 

P1070931

The beautifully done Master MG-42, this will be a modern MG-3 though. Expensive but worth it :frantic:

P1070932

P1070933

P1070934

P1070935

And a couple of crew figures 

P1070936

It will be a few days before I cut plastic on this one.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 11

One question for those in the know, I have a few resin figures which come with the choice of crew helmets or berets, for a crew wearing berets what colour would the berets be? I take that the German equivalent of the REME would have their own colours and they might not be black like the tankers ? 

Regards

Dan 

Now don't quote me on this but I think Support Arms in the Bundeswehr wear red berets. However I don't know whether it's the same as at REME 1st line units, where they would wear the same beret as the unit they are attached to.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DAG058 said:

Now don't quote me on this but I think Support Arms in the Bundeswehr wear red berets. However I don't know whether it's the same as at REME 1st line units, where they would wear the same beret as the unit they are attached to.

I did wonder, I have seen some pictures of what looked like recce mechs wearing red berets mate, wasn't sure though but your are confirming my thoughts :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dan, the german tank crews have certainly black berets, thats an old tradition, only support and maintenence troops have red berets. So when the Bergepanzer belongs to a tank bataillon then the crews have black berets, and when the Bergepanzer belongs to a maintenence or artillery unit then red berets.

Edited by Harry Callahan
  • Thanks 1

Cheers guys, Black berets it is then for this build, after all that I'll probably end up making the crew with the soft helmets !!! 

Still nice to know :thumbsup:

So I've opened up the hull and we are off on our way,

I'm waiting on a few things to dry on the M113 so thought it best to make a start on this. 

The upper hull is one real nice moulding, some great detail they have incorporated onto this one part, mounted on my build stand 

which is becoming one of my favourite modelling tools. 

One thing that has become clear is that this is a bit on a monster, I didn't realise that the Leopard 1 was quite so big, I made the old Tamiya kit about 30 years ago 

and it never looked this big. Probably just in my mind ?  :frantic:

I'm also loving the lack of "Tie Downs " Phew !!! 

P1070941

P1070942

P1070943

P1070947

P1070946

P1070944

Enjoy

Dan 

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, DAG058 said:

Look at the size of them hatches...I dare you to build the interior :banghead:

Look what you made me do !! I spilt my wine, now DAGO58 now go and wash your mouth out :frantic:

P1070948

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Your on a roll is this todo with the age self isolation  :whistle:

beefy

Something like that matey, I just found my Mojo recently in a box with a big label "JFDI" :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Well there is one available from Perfect Scale Modellbau and they are very inviting hatches.

Richard... Stop it now :frantic:

This is supposed to be a light build as there is little AM to distract me, not wanting another 18 month build... and you lot are just incorrigible   

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Something like that matey, I just found my Mojo recently in a box with a big label "JFDI" :thumbsup:

Richard... Stop it now :frantic:

:) In my defence I didn't mention the Leopard II Powerpack you could attach to the crane

2 minutes ago, Richard E said:

:) In my defence I didn't mention the Leopard II Powerpack you could attach to the crane

I'll give you that Richard... No you didn't … Face palm moment here and more wine needed to be consumed for some strange reason? 

• Haha 1