Royal Navy Hurricane Mk.1

Lovely job,..... on both of them! The Arma Hurri`s really are superb.

It was this thread (below) which resulted in this boxing/decal option,...... I found this naval Hurricane in an old training film and had some decals specially made in 1/48th for the then new Italeri kit,..... it just had to be modelled,....... so glad that others are getting the chance to do so too;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Let me try this again. I selected camera in my phone, then selected settings. At camera settings there's a little icon that shows photo size. Press that icon and you should be able to adjust photo setting. This is for a Samsung phone. Perhaps this will help. If not, perhaps the information will be of use to other Brit Modeler members.

Thank you I have checked out my phone and it doesn't give me that option in camera settings. They are around 5-6mb images from the phone, mine is a Nokia 6.1.  I will sort something out. Thank you though for posting.

6 hours ago, Bangor Lad said:

That is a lovely pair of Hurricanes.

Thank you for your kind comments

All the best Chris

5 hours ago, tonyot said:

Lovely job,..... on both of them! The Arma Hurri`s really are superb.

It was this thread (below) which resulted in this boxing/decal option,...... I found this naval Hurricane in an old training film and had some decals specially made in 1/48th for the then new Italeri kit,..... it just had to be modelled,....... so glad that others are getting the chance to do so too;

Thank you Tony for your very kind comments, this means a lot to me. Also thank you for this kit too, as I saw you had been assisting Arma Hobby with the Hurricanes.  I really enjoyed making this kit and now would like the others from the range at some point. Your kit is lovely what a stunning model.

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Beautiful Hurricane(s) :clap2:

Thanks Dennis, very kind of you.

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

What an unusual and attractive colour / markings scheme, and beautifully  executed. Thanks for putting up the pics: do put some bigger ones up in due course, I am sure we will all be happyu to revisit this thread when the time comes.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Beard said:

Both Hurricanes look very smart. I'm in the process of gluing an Arms Hobby one together at the moment, I can only hope it'll end up as nice as yours does.

Thanks Simon, hope you are well fella, very kind of you. I am sure your Model will be just as good if not better.

10 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

What an unusual and attractive colour / markings scheme, and beautifully  executed. Thanks for putting up the pics: do put some bigger ones up in due course, I am sure we will all be happyu to revisit this thread when the time comes.  

Thank you Work in progress very kind of you.  It is an unusual scheme and that's what attracted me to the kit.  Our very own Tony O'Toole is the man we have to thank as he had input into the Arms hobby kits with his excellent references.  Please take a look at his beautiful model in the link at the top of this page.

10 hours ago, woody37 said:

Superb Chris, great weathering :)

Thank Neil, praise indeed and means a lot thank you.

3 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Two lovely Hurricanes, great modelling !

Wulfman

Thank you very much Wulfman, very kind of you.

2 hours ago, Luka said:

Dang, I gotta get me one of those Arma Hurricanes.. Looking good!

Thank you Luka, very kind of you. You won't regret it, a cracking kit for sure.

1 hour ago, Epeeman said:

Great work on your Hurricane - well done!

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave very kind of you too.

Thank you to all the kind comments and likes.

It's very much appreciated.

All the best

Chris

Lovely job I have an Arma MkII next in line for the work bench I was originally going to chop it up and build a radial engine what if but the sprues just look too nice to attack with a Dremel so its going to be an OOB build.

20 hours ago, RMCS said:

Brilliant 

Thanks RMCS

6 hours ago, AltcarBoB said:

Lovely job I have an Arma MkII next in line for the work bench I was originally going to chop it up and build a radial engine what if but the sprues just look too nice to attack with a Dremel so its going to be an OOB build.

Thanks AltcarBob. It is a very nice kit and builds up fairly well.  Glad you are building yours, I would like to get the MK II myself.

Good luck with your build.

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Simply beautiful. I love the nose cowl too. Bravo sir. 🙌🤩

J

Thanks Johnny, most kind, the scheme is what attracted me to the kit. I would like one of the Arma mkI Tropical kit now.

Thanks fella

All the best

Chris

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Cracking build and finish Chris yet another reason I need to get one of these kits!

Thanks Steve, very kind of you. They are very nice Kits and are very detailed too. Go on treat yourself fella.

Stay safe

1 hour ago, Howard Moon said:

Great job on both Chris, they look superb!

Hi Howard

Hope you are staying safe and well too.  Thank you for your kind comments. Very enjoyable kit.

Thanks guys

All the best

Chris

• Like 2