1/32 Trumpeter A-7 Corsair

1/32 A7- Corsair finished build complete, I used the verlinden navy carrier tractor, Reedoak’s figures and Eduard MK 84 bombs, along with resin electronics bays and wheel wheels, it’s a pain to build, but over come it and it’s a nice model, painted with MRP paints, this isn’t it’s true base she will join the F-14 Tomcat and F-4 on the carrier deck I built for a collector in London enjoy.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

This diorama is a genuine tribute to your skills, my friend! Very, very realistic with excellent weathering.... a real feast for the eyes. 

I was keen to get some Reedoak figures for myself and then I saw the price. Must admit, my enthusiasm died in about a millisecond at that point. If I win the lottery, then they will be the first thing I order....

By the way, what are the major issues with building the kit? I was talking to someone at Telford who had built it and he said he had almost chucked in the bin twice, due to the fit issues.

Thanks for sharing with us.  

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

I look at the wingey things RFI every day and usually add a "like", but every so often, a model comes up that makes you think "Wow! That's exceptional". Brilliant in every way. And those figures are stunning. I do like a good SLUF.

John.

2 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

This diorama is a genuine tribute to your skills, my friend! Very, very realistic with excellent weathering.... a real feast for the eyes. 

I was keen to get some Reedoak figures for myself and then I saw the price. Must admit, my enthusiasm died in about a millisecond at that point. If I win the lottery, then they will be the first thing I order....

By the way, what are the major issues with building the kit? I was talking to someone at Telford who had built it and he said he had almost chucked in the bin twice, due to the fit issues.

Thanks for sharing with us.  

Chris. 

Hi Chris thanks for the comments,  I know the build that was at telford, the main issue on the fit is with the intake, as won't fit with out major filling and sanding, also under the belly its just not nice, again filling and sanding.

this kit is very old, and it shows that when the tooling was made its just not up to todays standards.

Mike

3 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I look at the wingey things RFI every day and usually add a "like", but every so often, a model comes up that makes you think "Wow! That's exceptional". Brilliant in every way. And those figures are stunning. I do like a good SLUF.

John.

thanks John

Mike

2 hours ago, Shashman said:

This is an absolute work of art mate. Amazing!

You built it for a collector, so would I be right in assuming you do this full time??

Hi no I don't do this full time I have a proper job, this is just my hobby, that I enjoy tremendously.

Mike

• Like 1

I'm always in awe of modelers who can take a difficult kit and turn it into a masterpiece. Beautiful build. Congratulations!

Wow!!

Awesome work - I can only suggest photographing without the paint bottles in the background, so the illusion is not spoiled.

But in every other aspect that is simply superb!!

:clap2: