As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Feisty Midget

Soviet/Russian Mil Aircraft Books - recommendations and rejections?

Howdo,

This one is a big ask.

As you all know, since the 1990's, there has been an explosion of books on Soviet/Russian military aircraft. However, findng one with accurate and factual information with original research seems to be a little difficult. Some authors are prolific but quantity does not necessarily equate to quality.

I can think of one or two books that have been greeted with approval and have stood the test of time such as Andrei Fomin's 'Su27 Flanker Story', unless someone out there knows different.

Excluding official manuals, and avoiding hearsay and rumour that can't be backed up, what books would you recommend for accuracy of content (text, photo's, artwork, etc.) and original research, and which ones to be wary of (with reasons given)?

Disclaimer: I come from a scientific background so this thread is intended to establish a list of literature that can be trusted for content. It is in no way intended to be a judgement on the quality of an author or authors, good or bad (although it is relevant of course). I'm only interested in the quality of a book's content. 🙂

Cheers,

Feisty M.