Silent Patrol - USS Bluefish - SSN-675

helios16v

After confirmation from @rob85 in regards to under 25%, this will be my entry for "In The Navy".  This one will be built and eventually given to my dad as a gift, as he served on her in the late '70s.  It's a pretty simple kit, though care does need to be taken in regards to alignment of parts and whatnot.  Hopefully I can get through it reasonably quickly.

49659810652_c91341d517_c.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I've been fixing a couple things I screwed up.  You would think with as simple of a kit as it is it shouldn't be too hard to not make any major errors....well I did!  <_<

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

With the BUK out of the way, going to try to work this thing this weekend alongside the Blitzbuild Black Widow.  I got a couple more bits attached.  Going to keep this one clean, so it's pretty much to the point of just a little bit of clean up and we'll be ready for paint.

Probably need to try to clean the desk up a bit too...it's getting a bit out of control.  :rofl2:

49922122307_1512b8cfaf_c.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Decal work underway.  I'll get the last of these finished up today/tomorrow then let them set for a couple days.  Final overcoats this weekend, then off to the gallery.

49991838132_4f609a0ae3_c.jpg

• Like 8