F-102 Revell-Monogram 1/48

Hi All,

This is my Revell-Monogram F-102. Engraved, Aires cockpit and wheel bays, Reskit wheels, Master pitot, Fündekals.

A lot of work to make it look decent.

This plane was based in Langley during the late 50'.

Tristan

img_2013.jpg

img_2011.jpg

img_2010.jpg

img_2012.jpg

img_2014.jpg

Edited by Warbird78
  • Like 58

Beautiful Deuce! The work you must have invested in this project is all too visible.

Congrats!

For your sake I hope the fit was better than on the Monogram F-106 ...

Great show.

JR

• Like 1

Having built the Monogram F-102, I can say the fit leaves something to be desired ... and the result you got from this build speaks volumes for your skill and patience. Wonderful model.

Very nice model, it now makes me what to model this interesting subject. What did do to improve it?

i also wish somebody would do decent updated moulding. Thanks for showing us all your model.

simon

A LOT of work! The result really does show how much you must have put in to get it looking so pristine and smooth. 

An excellent job, well done indeed. 

Really enjoyed looking at your 102 albeit on the small phone screen. One thing I noticed was the pleasingly restrained stencils on the airframe. The don’t “grab” the eye like some decals do when applied. Much more realistic to my thinking but others may differ. 

Same with your panel lines

really nice finish and will have a second look on the big screen later. 

Bravo 👏 

Hi Warbird78,

Gee that's a very nice F-102 and re-scribe to boot. I built on of these many moons ago and it was the time it first came out under Monogram label. I used Superscale decals for a Penn Air National Guard...Main problem I found was the rear air-brake and burner can seam line and weird molding. All good fun...but yours is simply a stunner. And I agree the photos you posted are magic and show it off well...

Congrats.

PHIL.