Italeri Martin B-57 Canberra drop tanks

TOPGUN88

Looking at the original boxing of the B-57 by italeri. The box art shows an all black aircraft that shows the rockets and what looks like silver drop tanks. The kits itself has bombs but are these silver items these bombs or are the drop tanks which are not supplied with the kit? Any help would be gratefully recieved. :)

I think these are meant to represent BLU-27s or similar napalm tanks.

However, the kit itself does not actually have them; the closest in the actual plastic are representations of M117 bombs.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TOPGUN88 said:

Looking at the original boxing of the B-57 by italeri. The box art shows an all black aircraft that shows the rockets and what looks like silver drop tanks. The kits itself has bombs but are these silver items these bombs or are the drop tanks which are not supplied with the kit? Any help would be gratefully recieved. :)

Hi @TOPGUN88 as Andre says, they are Napalm tanks and not included in the kit. you can see what they look like here B.57 Non Nuclear Weapons

John

• Like 1

The old Revell boxscale almost 1/72 B-57B kit had them, as I recall painting them with Testors chrome silver from the little glass bottle! Good luck finding this OOP set! BTW, the BLU-27's make great travel pods- you just scribe in the hatch and make a sprue piano hinge. There are some aftermarket resin ones available from a couple of other sources- I think Attack Squadron and CMK, but don't hold me to that!

Mike

• Like 2

@canberra kid Hello, John! Figured you would like that one.

Hope you and yours are safe and healthy in Bradford! People are getting kinda crazy here, even though we only have two recorded cases where I live, and Texas is in pretty good shape. I plan to self-quarantine myself in the hobby room- Lord knows I have enough unbuilt kits, so as long as the brewski's hold out, I'm good for quite a spell. (I think plenty of Mexican food and jalapenos are working as an antidote.) Off-topic, but wanted to say hi!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
edited text
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 72modeler said:

@canberra kid Hello, John! Figured you would like that one.

Hope you and yours are safe and healthy in Bradford! People are getting kinda crazy here, even though we only have two recorded cases where I live, and Texas is in pretty good shape. I plan to self-quarantine myself in the hobby room- Lord knows I have enough unbuilt kits, so as long as the brewski's hold out, I'm good for quite a spell. (I think plenty of Mexican food and jalapenos are working as an antidote.) Off-topic, but wanted to say hi!

Mike

Thanks Mike, we are ok ish too, I'm not too worried for my self, but my wife has a chronic illness which makes her more vulnerable, on the plus side like yourself, if push comes to shove and I have to stay home I have plenty to keep me out of trouble, stay well my friend!

John   

• Sad 1