North- American NA-16-2H, Monogram, 1/48

Dear modellers,

To conclude my North- American T-6 story, I like to show you my third conversion of the trusty Monogram -kit.

Here is a bit of history of this particular example I found on this website:

https://kw.jonkerweb.net/index.php/nl/vliegtuigen-lijst/vliegtuigen-n/377-north-american-na-27

There is some uncertainty about the type of LVA. In "KLu Aircraft" there is talk about NA-16-2A, American sources, mentioning it on the Internet as type NA-16-2H, this is most likely.
In the course of 1937 this aircraft was brought to the Netherlands by Fokker.
Fokker wanted to try to get, just like with the DC-2, the sales rights in Europe for this type.
The two-seater was equipped with double steering. In the rear cockpit a movable machine gun could be mounted. In the wing was a provision for two wing machine guns.
The ML rented the aircraft in September 1939, later it was bought. It was stationed on Texel as a training aircraft for fighter training. It was destroyed during the German attack on Texel on 10-5-1940.

Enjoy the photographs

Kind regards

JohnHaa

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by JohnHaa
type error
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind comments ! 😄

For Harold :  As far as I know there was only one in The Netherlands at the start of WWII.  There were more in France. I think, 

I found a photgraph of the sad end https://nimh-beeldbank.defensie.nl/foto-s/detail/63a7c1a1-a738-efa7-b4db-beb41bfb0092

For 28ZComback:  I always paint first a coat of Acryl Dark Grey, after that I use Rubb 'n Buff .   Great stuff, see my F-13(B-29 Rec)

Cheers

JohnHaa

• Thanks 1