F-15A Baz

ruth

Hallo again

This time with an F-15A from the IAF. The same kit my husband finished a short time ago. Now I learned from him, and I got advice how to make it better. Together with present day regulations according Corona, I stay home and use this amount of time to focus on the paint job of my model. To understand it clearly: The hot area is the first area I focus on. Using the new SM colors from Mr. Hobby. I do not refer to them, read my husband’s blog please!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I did nothing else as: Base colour is Titan for the hot area of the engine. Afterward masking panels one by one or in groups. I used highly diluted black for this purpose. One stroke, two or three, to create individual shades. It takes time to learn to understand what one stroke more with the airbrush causes. So I learn on a fuselage with base color in all SM colors. So I get a clue what the result will be.

Anyway, the pictures include also the gun and nose area. This is just the beginning.

Happy modelling

• Like 3

Great start! The black effects over the metal colour works really well, been using it a lot recently. 

Building great Eagles looks like a family business 😀👍

Hallo

Now the camouflage is done. With C307 and C308 from Mr. Hobby. Some panels I masked and added white or black to show a different tone. The next step is the highlighting of panels in the center and darken the panel lines. All unmasked.

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hallo

Well, I did some shading after all. Specific panels, lighting some and darkening some. After all I continued with stenciling and decaling. The panel numbers are days of work and passion.

The missiles are very tricky. ResKit and Brasin from Eduard.

Well, I need a break with easy stuff now!

Stay health

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3