Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Badder said:

Hi Steve,

 

I was hoping that your face-painting would be sub-standard, or 'average' at best, just to give me some hope of matching you when I get around to doing mine.

I am greatly disappointed then, to see that yours are brilliant. I can console myself by remembering that it's always easier to do a good 'face job' when the underlying plastic is modelled and cast beautifully in the first place. But only a bit.

 

You're up amongst the best.

 

Rearguards,

 

Badder

It most definitely makes life easier to have decent heads to start with and while i very much would like to bask in the glow of your very generous comment i have to confess that this is my third attempt at getting them right.

Thank you for your kind words though bud it does mean a lot coming from someone who obviously takes great pride in what he does.

 

Stay well Badder and stay in touch

Regards Steve 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commander done(well almost) won't permanently mount just yet as i have one of his shoulder patches still to paint no blue paint so it will have to wait.

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Steve,

I popped in after a 12 hour session on FB so my eyes are very tired and I haven't had the ooompf to go back and check which manufacturer/kit those figures are. I do remember you are using Alpine heads though. I take it the headgear is integral to the head, or am I wrong? Whatever, all 3 are looking superb. I do hope you find some more herbs cos I think that tree is crying out for them!

 

I hope you and yours are all well.

We are okay so far

 

Rearguards,

Badder

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Steve,

I popped in after a 12 hour session on FB so my eyes are very tired and I haven't had the ooompf to go back and check which manufacturer/kit those figures are. I do remember you are using Alpine heads though. I take it the headgear is integral to the head, or am I wrong? Whatever, all 3 are looking superb. I do hope you find some more herbs cos I think that tree is crying out for them!

 

I hope you and yours are all well.

We are okay so far

 

Rearguards,

Badder

 

 

Sup my friend

The heads are indeed from Alpine just had a dig through the figure box ..... item H020 WW2 US TANKER HEAD SET.

It's a pack of five heads with the headgear molded in place.

The commander is also Alpine....... 35154 and comes with two heads

And got some herbs yesterday......gonna do some chopping and sieving first then if i feel confident enough will give it a go.......Again.:P

The Alpine figure list is fairly comprehensive 

 

https://www.alpineminiatures.com/index.html

 

Might have to go on a little spending spree :clap2:

 

Stay fit and well buddy

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big big thanks to you Badder:thanks:...... finished the tree i won't lie i've been putting it of and putting it of because i screwed it up so badly the first two times but i'm sure you will agree this looks blinkin awesome and really completes the scene.

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

spacer.pngspacer.png

 

So happy right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

HI Steve,

 

I cannot take credit for 'the herb method'. It was just that my 'Ever evolving dio' thread was the first place you saw it being used. As I said, I'm just grateful that someone found the thread helpful and it's been a pleasure to help. The tree looks so much better now, raised up to the level of everything else.  May I ask what method you used to fix the herbs? As I said, I use hairspray first, then scatter, then dilute PVA. With my tree I can bend and move the branches if I wish, but  I will also be pruning some of them out so as to open the canopy up a bit more..

 

A bit of confusion has occurred, so forgive me for asking for clarification. Are the bodies of the figures from Alpine as well?

 

I imagine you're pretty close to finishing now, but am interested to know if you're going to add some 'litter, signposts or notice board, posters etc?

 BTW I hope you didn't bulk buy those herbs and left some for the actual cooks out there!😁

 

Rearguards

Badder

Edited by Badder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Badder said:

HI Steve,

 

I cannot take credit for 'the herb method'. It was just that my 'Ever evolving dio' thread was the first place you saw it being used. As I said, I'm just grateful that someone found the thread helpful and it's been a pleasure to help. The tree looks so much better now, raised up to the level of everything else.  May I ask what method you used to fix the herbs? As I said, I use hairspray first, then scatter, then dilute PVA. With my tree I can bend and move the branches if I wish, but  I will also be pruning some of them out so as to open the canopy up a bit more..

 

A bit of confusion has occurred, so forgive me for asking for clarification. Are the bodies of the figures from Alpine as well?

 

I imagine you're pretty close to finishing now, but am interested to know if you're going to add some 'litter, signposts or notice board, posters etc?

 BTW I hope you didn't bulk buy those herbs and left some for the actual cooks out there!😁

 

Rearguards

Badder

On the figures the Commander is all Alpine but the driver/radio operator are tamiya bodies and Alpine heads.

 

I did however clean and sharpen the detail on the Tamiya bodies using a scalpel blade to create undercuts on things like collars and lapels so they didn't look out of place (a complete waste of time with hindsight as the body is completely hidden)

 

As for the tree i did as you suggested hairspray first (my daughter was so happy i raided her room) and PVA in a fine mist second and then hit it with a hairdryer (again daughter was chuffed) and yes there is a letter box to be made and i have to make some scrap crates and some discarded bottles just to add a touch of humanity to the scene plus a little moss on the door and wall. And don't be too concerned i did leave the rest of humanity some herbs:D 

I'm also looking for a decent image of German and US ration cartons so i can print them to brown card so i have stuff like that for vehicles and dioramas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well apart from the patch on the commanders arm this is done...added a couple of old crates and a shovel to add a little interest crates from plasticard shovel made from lead foil and plastic rod any more and i think the scene will look overcrowded.

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

That's all folks

Thanks for looking and stay safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Steve,

Well, I can't say anything other than 'awesome, ace, brilliant and fantastic!'

I lied,  I can say it's been a pleasure watching this dio build from start to finish. It was well planned out from the start and didn't  stray off at a tangent (unlike all of mine)

Your dio is a great example of spot-on compostion in a confined space. Every single component has been built and painted beautifully. I have to say that the tree is looking even better without the 'cluttered' background of your workbench. If I were you I'd get some nice backdrops printed up; suburban or landscape. Get loads of photos done and get it into the RFI section, because it's a beauty and will get the praise it deseerves.

 

I look forward to seeing your next project.

 

As always, take care

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Steve,

Well, I can't say anything other than 'awesome, ace, brilliant and fantastic!'

I lied,  I can say it's been a pleasure watching this dio build from start to finish. It was well planned out from the start and didn't  stray off at a tangent (unlike all of mine)

Your dio is a great example of spot-on compostion in a confined space. Every single component has been built and painted beautifully. I have to say that the tree is looking even better without the 'cluttered' background of your workbench. If I were you I'd get some nice backdrops printed up; suburban or landscape. Get loads of photos done and get it into the RFI section, because it's a beauty and will get the praise it deseerves.

 

I look forward to seeing your next project.

 

As always, take care

Rearguards,

Badder

Thank you bud i appreciate your warm words. I have to say i'm not disappointed i think it does what i intended well enough, had to be compact and simple as its not telling a story it's just to display the vehicle with a little interest.

Have to say it wouldn't have worked out nearly so well without your input.

 

Stay well my friend 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

Thank you bud i appreciate your warm words. I have to say i'm not disappointed i think it does what i intended well enough, had to be compact and simple as its not telling a story it's just to display the vehicle with a little interest.

Have to say it wouldn't have worked out nearly so well without your input.

 

Stay well my friend 

Steve

As I said, it's been a pleasure Steve.  Glad to have helped even if only in a small way. Someone was going to mention herbs at some point!

 

As for staying well, my son and his family all had the virus and are well. But things are definitely getting worse in my neck of the woods, with the first fatalities.

So, if I vanish in the future, you know what's happened! 😁

 

Take even more care of yourselves,

Rearguards,

Badder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...