RAF Late War Pilot

This figure was completed alongside my 1/48 Mosquito build. It’s a figure from Barracuda Studios depicting an RAF pilot (or navigator!) in late-war garb. Casting detail is nice, although there was noticeable mold slip on the legs which was tricky to clean up due to the folds in the cloth.

Paints are acrylic, mostly an assortment of Vallejo and GW. Comments and critique welcome.

49641058222_ba168bc3da_z.jpg   49641057542_b47cce1c49_z.jpg

• Like 22

• 5 months later...

He's a great looking figure. I used to own a lot of 1/48th styrene figures and they didn't have half as much detail as this fella. That's progress for you.....

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I somehow missed this one last year while following your excellent Mosquito build Jason. Very impressive indeed, and an excellent companion to your Mosquito - the shading really makes for a realistic result.

Hope you are doing well.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2021 at 00:50, Cookenbacher said:

I somehow missed this one last year while following your excellent Mosquito build Jason. Very impressive indeed, and an excellent companion to your Mosquito - the shading really makes for a realistic result.

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks Cookie. Things going okay here; schools went back last week which was most welcome for all involved. Home schooling was starting to wear a bit thin!

J.

• Like 1