RAF Mustang III 'Malcom; Hood

Recently completed as part of the P-51 Mustang STGB is my interpretation of a Mustang III using the 1/72 KP kit. Built mainly OOB with the addition of some DIY belts and a DIY vac canopy as I like my subjects to have the canopy open. Painted with a mixture Tamiya, AK paints with the main scheme being Colourcoats enamels. Kit decals with the markings of 133 (Polish) Squadron, RAF, Coolham, 1944.

IMG-8623.jpg

IMG-8624.jpg

IMG-8625.jpg

IMG-8626.jpg

IMG-8627.jpg

IMG-8628.jpg

IMG-8629.jpg

IMG-8631.jpg

Build log here:

Stuart

Edited by Courageous
Inserted correct pictures
  • Like 25

Have you posted the wrong photos? That's a Mustang I and it does not have Malcolm Hood. 133 Squadron was not a Polish squadron. Perhaps you mean 133 (Polish) Wing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That looks fantastic Stuart. The 1st model I built when I got back into modelling was a Revell Mustang III, it looked quite a lot like that 'cept not nearly so well made. My son had wanted a Spitfire but we couldn't find one at the airshow we were at so a Malcolm hooded Mustang filled in, I've loved the look of them since, your one has done nothing to diminish that. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Very smart. There have been some quality Mustang builds of late, this is definitely one of them!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 9:34 PM, Courageous said:

Recently completed as part of the P-51 Mustang STGB is my interpretation of a Mustang III using the 1/72 KP kit. Built mainly OOB with the addition of some DIY belts and a DIY vac canopy as I like my subjects to have the canopy open. Painted with a mixture Tamiya, AK paints with the main scheme being Colourcoats enamels. Kit decals with the markings of 133 (Polish) Squadron, RAF, Coolham, 1944.

IMG-8623.jpg

IMG-8624.jpg

IMG-8625.jpg

IMG-8626.jpg

IMG-8627.jpg

IMG-8628.jpg

IMG-8629.jpg

IMG-8631.jpg

Build log here:

Stuart

It is the personal aircraft of w/cdr Stanislaw Skalski Ace with 22 kills, he used this plane as commanding oficer of the 133 Polish Fighter Wing in June 1944. Malcolm hood is correct for this plane, but Malcolm haven't any frames in front and rear of canopy, only sliding frames to move it.

Edited by hadzi
  • Like 1