As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

1 hour ago, Tzulscha said:

AHA!

See that's is where we went wrong then!

Over here in the U.S. we were using them to throw parties!

IMG-20150323-WA0001.jpg

This is "100 rads bar" location from S.T.A.L.K.E.R  game:

? 😁

Because I see a lot of radiation mutant in the picture.....or this something from Fallout game universe location?

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

Mrs T was musing on what we do if she catches  it while working at the hospital. I am type 2 diabetic and in the “at risk” category. She thought we would have to have separate rooms. Now as we are temporarily in a wee cottage that’s a problem. Not enough bedrooms. So she mused briefly out loud “You might have to move full time into your office/store room but won’t that be difficult and cramped beside all those aircraft books and kit boxes?”

In the interests of marital harmony I said that if it came to it I would make the necessary sacrifice.   :whistle:  

Unfortunately I blew it with the alacrity I agreed thereby arousing her worst suspicions. 

8 hours ago, Duncan B said:

I now look like a cross between a Russian Mafia

Ahhh, like as Boris the "Blade"?

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

I know we are all making very light of this - but if I may offer a tip - if you are thinking of 'panic buying' - only buy what you eat "regularly".  If you have to - then yes - buy more - but don't buy stuff you don't eat - just because it is there.

Whoever ate the 10,000 toilet rolls in my local ASDA - I hope you are thoroughly bunged up now :lol:

I was considering starting a new thread on this - but maybe I'm just lazy...  I spend £28 a month & £2 extra for HD on SKY for SKY SPORTS - but as the Premier League & F1 is cancelled I rang them tonight and cancelled.  The guy on the phone confirmed that this wasn't the first call he had received - by a mile....

I may have to consider starting my Kubelwagen build again - as the lack of F1 is a major upset this weekend.

Stay safe everyone & I wonder what to spend the extra £30 a month on  ;)

Steve

Talking of sport (well footy )  I hope they cancel and void the football season...….only way West Ham are going to stay up 🙃

8 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Stay safe everyone & I wonder what the spend the extra £30 a month on  ;)

I believe Hannants have an interesting selection.  And be prepared for 18 months of junk mail from Sky trying to get you back. :unsure:

The only thing that will get us through this is the humour. Gawd knows it's grim right now. 

29 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

Talking of sport (well footy )  I hope they cancel and void the football season...….only way West Ham are going to stay up 🙃

I agree wholeheartedly - as a Man City Fan - I'm sure Liverpool fans would agree we need to 'scrap' the season ;) LOL

I've been taking in the news today and was just thinking(yes I can sometimes),eighty years ago this year this Island faced the greatest threat for over a 

thousand year's,our army had been ignominiously chased out of Europe leaving all it's equipment behind,we faced the threat of invasion and starvation

and stood alone against a seemingly unbeatable foe,eager eyes scanned the coastline for the coming invasion and plotted the bomber formation's

gathering over the channel,not once did my parents who lived through it mention the frenzied buying of bog roll,hand sanitizer pasta and tins of bean's!

They truly were a different generation back then.

13 hours ago, alt-92 said:

edit: I did discover a very effective way to clear the queue in our local supermarket:

I have heard that Americans are refusing to buy that beer as they seem to believe there is a link... I kid you not.

2 hours ago, noelh said:

The only thing that will get us through this is the humour. Gawd knows it's grim right now. 

And tea!

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

I've been taking in the news today and was just thinking(yes I can sometimes),eighty years ago this year this Island faced the greatest threat for over a 

thousand year's,our army had been ignominiously chased out of Europe leaving all it's equipment behind,we faced the threat of invasion and starvation

and stood alone against a seemingly unbeatable foe,eager eyes scanned the coastline for the coming invasion and plotted the bomber formation's

gathering over the channel,not once did my parents who lived through it mention the frenzied buying of bog roll,hand sanitizer pasta and tins of bean's!

They truly were a different generation back then.

Hi Steve - I'll ignore the last post by @noelh -as it's a bit too political for this website - but I agree with your comments above -  a very different generation & one I personally look up to.

3 minutes ago, hairystick said:

I have heard that Americans are refusing to buy that beer as they seem to believe there is a link... I kid you not.

I won't buy that beer either but not for that reason. It's because it tastes like :poop:! I'd rather lick the sphincter of a dead skunk than drink it.

5 minutes ago, hairystick said:

And tea!

Or this:

36007270906_4b98dd9476_c.jpg

Chris

Please keep politics, bad language and poor taste out of this thread please.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

eighty years ago this year this Island faced the greatest threat for over a 

This is different. Then yours and my relatives saw the enemy, he had hands, he had legs, he had a head, he could be recognized, he could be identified. It was possible to give him a battle, to escape from him ... now it’s just a small particle that has no arms, no legs, no head, it can’t be recognized and identified without laboratory analysis, it can be anywhere, maybe on the door handle or it can be inside that gentleman who passed by, it’s impossible to give battle  , it’s impossible to run away from her, this is what scares people the most, and where fear and emotions prevail over reason, it is there that panic arises.

Therefore, it is necessary to maintain composure, common sense and not give in to panic, because this is what distinguishes a human from an wild animal.

2 hours ago, hairystick said:

And tea!

It is not strange, but most doctors recommend in case of acute respiratory viral diseases to use as much liquid as possible, namely tea or water, because this helps to eliminate toxins from the organism. Unfortunately, there is a negative side to such recommendations, because drinking plenty of fluids during illness creates an additional burden on the heart and kidneys. Accordingly, those who have problems with these bodies, such recommendations may be contraindicated.

And of course alcohol contraindicated, despite the fact that one of the Russian folk recipes for the fight against diseases is drinking vodka with hot pepper (this type of vodka is called Pertcovka

scale_1200

) at night, after which  need to wrap yourself in a blanket and sweat well...but the fact that sometimes works well with colds is very doubtful what will help with CV....

Good luck and health to everyone!

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark

I'm in Norway and they've shut down schools and kindergardens, cinemas, cafes, libraries, gyms, etc, etc.

My work has closed and told me that I won't be going back for the foreseeable future.

All of which means to me the perfect opportunity to build some kits. Most of us complain about how real life gets in the way of our modelling, well not anymore!

I intend to spend the next few months building models, playing the odd wargame, reading those books I've been meaning to and generally making the most of this free time.

On the other side, my wife will also view this time as the perfect opportunity to get me fix this, paint that, build this. So unsurprisingly I heard earlier today my wife's dulcet tones, "Now that you won't be going in to work you can..."

Keep calm everyone and wash your hands!

I suspect my wife would do exactly the same @Smithy. Australia (like NZ) has just gone down the path of forcing all international arrivals into this country to self isolate for 14 days. As I work for the National carrier, I cannot imagine that our international flights will be commercially viable to operate as (besides the low pax numbers) any crew that have spent time overseas then cannot work for another two weeks when they arrive back home! I might have all the time in the world to ‘fix the house’ however won’t be able to buy the materials I need to do the job! 

Its a crazy set up and I just hope that all these drastic decisions are the right ones. 

Cheers and good luck to all of you.. Dave 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, hairystick said:

Sadly yes there are some really stupid Americans under the age of 30. More than one story and incident have occurred. There was an 17 year old arrested about a month ago walking through a Walmart in Texas. He was spraying aerosol sanitizer and coughing yelling he had Corona virus. It basically caused a stampede of people scrambling to get out of the building. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

I wonder what would give them that idea ?

rRFqQkU.jpg

8 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

I believe Hannants have an interesting selection.  And be prepared for 18 months of junk mail from Sky trying to get you back. :unsure:

Not to mention phonecalls offering special deals like i had when i cancelled....

10 hours ago, sinnerboy said:

All the Liverpool fans at work were going mad on Friday, "It's just the flu!!! "  😄

On a more serious note, the wife has just come downstairs saying the TV are reporting that people are panic buying petrol now...…...which is a surefire way to guarantee that people will start panic buying petrol.  😾  The media in this country really are a bunch of despicable clowns.

I have an eye exam at the Queens on Tuesday.  I use public transportation.  Can’t decide whether to go like this or just cancel.  I could get mugged just for the respirator.  

Dennis

resized_4af4b523-6b3e-4246-9203-60a30eeb

Perhaps if they close schools we may see a spike in youngsters taking up the hobby, perhaps not they will be on their PS/Xbox !

Regards

Robert