As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Maybe he's saying to Putin 'Is there masks and gloves?' 

1 hour ago, Beardie said:

I would suspect that Uncle does it with a full NBC suit on and a bomb disposal robot. Might even use that set-up for his groceries as well 😁

Well, unfortunately no full NBC suit at hand, but I guess that the cleaning maid might have taken the chores of a bomb disposal robot, as the curfew wasn't yet mandatory when the postman brought the parcel to me; hence, I sent her to handle it. :lol:

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

How do you handle your average grocery shopping?

Oh, firstly, average groceries don't come from a widespread virus environment, and secondly, I don't really care if aubergines, cucumber, carrots and bananas all lose their luster if/when dipped in a five-litre tap water by 250cc bleach solution.

Couldn't do the same about those neat ResKit boxes, y'know. :bleh:

Yeh, me can't...

Cheers,

Unc2 

13 hours ago, Nev said:

Very good article on the NHS workers who *aren't* doctors + nurses and the vital roles they perform, and the risks they are exposed

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/31/at-risk-like-doctors-nhs-staff-fighting-coronavirus-behind-scenes?CMP=share_btn_tw

My niece is a Ward Housekeeper at St James Hospital in Leeds. Was chatting to her the other day and she said that at the moment there are no cases on the wards she works on. She is worried however that she may get moved around to cover other areas then her risk of possible infection would increase. She's already had to self-isolate due to her partner being unwell. Fortunately its thought he had 'Galvi-flu' as he's a welder! 

Regards,

Steve

17 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

This week’s Private Eye

Glad to see that Mr. Hislop has finally found a use for his publication.

14 hours ago, Beardie said:

Finally got a delivery from ASDA (First since this all began in the UK) and Toilet Roll (and Kitchen paper) weren't available. I was having a chat with the driver (from a safe distance) and he was telling me that, when this all started he delivered 100, yes one bleedin' hundred! 24 roll packs of toilet roll to a house in Carrick on the other side of the loch from us. Where do you even store 2400 toilet rolls and how long will it take even a moderately large family to use them up? 

He's probably a Rangers* supporter Marty. They come in useful at home games.

*Other teams are available.

11 hours ago, noelh said:

Maybe he's saying to Putin 'Is there masks and gloves?' 

Do not worry about Putin, 😁during his visit to the hospital and visiting to the sick, he was in complete self-isolation!

Russian service BBC*  didn’t miss a chance to stab him for it (information war, so information war! 😁)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/russian/amp/other-news-52024480

B.R.

Serge

* - in reality who just did not!  BBC was somewhere at the end of the line.