As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Maybe he's saying to Putin 'Is there masks and gloves?' 

1 hour ago, Beardie said:

I would suspect that Uncle does it with a full NBC suit on and a bomb disposal robot. Might even use that set-up for his groceries as well 😁

Well, unfortunately no full NBC suit at hand, but I guess that the cleaning maid might have taken the chores of a bomb disposal robot, as the curfew wasn't yet mandatory when the postman brought the parcel to me; hence, I sent her to handle it. :lol:

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

How do you handle your average grocery shopping?

Oh, firstly, average groceries don't come from a widespread virus environment, and secondly, I don't really care if aubergines, cucumber, carrots and bananas all lose their luster if/when dipped in a five-litre tap water by 250cc bleach solution.

Couldn't do the same about those neat ResKit boxes, y'know. :bleh:

Yeh, me can't...

Cheers,

Unc2 

13 hours ago, Nev said:

Very good article on the NHS workers who *aren't* doctors + nurses and the vital roles they perform, and the risks they are exposed

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/31/at-risk-like-doctors-nhs-staff-fighting-coronavirus-behind-scenes?CMP=share_btn_tw

My niece is a Ward Housekeeper at St James Hospital in Leeds. Was chatting to her the other day and she said that at the moment there are no cases on the wards she works on. She is worried however that she may get moved around to cover other areas then her risk of possible infection would increase. She's already had to self-isolate due to her partner being unwell. Fortunately its thought he had 'Galvi-flu' as he's a welder! 

Regards,

Steve

17 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

This week’s Private Eye

Glad to see that Mr. Hislop has finally found a use for his publication.

14 hours ago, Beardie said:

Finally got a delivery from ASDA (First since this all began in the UK) and Toilet Roll (and Kitchen paper) weren't available. I was having a chat with the driver (from a safe distance) and he was telling me that, when this all started he delivered 100, yes one bleedin' hundred! 24 roll packs of toilet roll to a house in Carrick on the other side of the loch from us. Where do you even store 2400 toilet rolls and how long will it take even a moderately large family to use them up? 

He's probably a Rangers* supporter Marty. They come in useful at home games.

*Other teams are available.

11 hours ago, noelh said:

Maybe he's saying to Putin 'Is there masks and gloves?' 

Do not worry about Putin, 😁during his visit to the hospital and visiting to the sick, he was in complete self-isolation!

Russian service BBC*  didn’t miss a chance to stab him for it (information war, so information war! 😁)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/russian/amp/other-news-52024480

B.R.

Serge

* - in reality who just did not!  BBC was somewhere at the end of the line.

Wonder if the Wuhan  takeaways and off-licences will combine forces to provide a meal deal ?

Something along the lines of  'bat, pangolin and a case of Corona' .....

My dogs just asked me if I want the radio left on while he goes out 😩

24 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

Well he is allowed to go out once a day as long as he stays 6 feet from every one. :dog:

And a trip to the shops for food, :dog:

Dick

35 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

I only have a cat

48922863088_ae7f1982bd_b.jpg

and the last time I put her on a lead, let’s say it didn’t end well..🐈

Trevor

36 minutes ago, jenko said:

Well he is allowed to go out once a day as long as he stays 6 feet from every one. :dog:

And a trip to the shops for food, :dog:

Dick

6ft, yeah right!

No, he's a bit of a brown nose, if you get my drift

I have a stock of 26 loo rolls which will last our family one month.

And I have a stash of plastic models which will last me at least 2 years if I keep up the present rate of building (which will surely go down again after lockdown).

What does that tell about me (and other modellers)?

Volker

2 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

Big family then.

4 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

And I have a stash of plastic models which will last me at least 2 years if I keep up the present rate of building (which will surely go down again after lockdown).

What does that tell about me (and other modellers)?

Volker

It says the stash needs to be bigger :)

SWMBO ventured out to top up some of our supplies this morning and reported that the only shortages in the local supermarket seemed to be eggs, flour and salt, obviously there is a lot of baking going on around here. She also went to the local animal food supplier where there was a line of people waiting outside waiting to go in one at a time, not surprising I suppose as we live in an agricultural area.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

SWMBO ventured out to top up some of our supplies this morning and reported that the only shortages in the local supermarket seemed to be eggs, flour and salt, obviously there is a lot of baking going on around here.

I can't remember if it was in this or the Lockdown thread, or somewhere else, that suggested that flour millers were sending all production to commercial bakeries because of the increased bread production, which might explain your local flour shortage, but not the eggs and salt.

Edited by Whofan

4 hours ago, Whofan said:

but not the eggs

The Chickens are plotting Fowl deeds....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

The Chickens are plotting Fowl deeds....

or laying sinister plans ...

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 7:14 PM, sinnerboy said:

right, the dogs taking the pee now.

As he went out tonight he said "I've topped your cider up, be a good boy, I won't be long" and gave me a biscuit 😠

7 hours ago, Whofan said:

I can't remember if it was in this or the Lockdown thread, or somewhere else, that suggested that flour millers were sending all production to commercial bakeries because of the increased bread production, which might explain your local flour shortage, but not the eggs and salt.

well I never, apparently Flu vaccines are grown in Chicken eggs,  just a thought .

better be enough salt left for my roast tatties or there will be tears.

Well I think I've finally got my sourdough starter going. Next step make the bread. 

Watch this space. 

Curfew extender. Presnit "Albie" demanded the curfew be extended until after April the 12th.

I fear my sheila won't stand more days of isolation the right way. I'm trying to talk to her to convince her that, for a long, long time after April the 12th life is going to be a tad different than what it used to be a couple of months ago, even if curfew is lifted. She refuses to accept it although there's case after case which should suffice to prove that fact to her. Think females may be more prone to get depressed than us, males, while going through this whole thing about Covid-19?

The neighbour next door; he simply won't heed "they're" curfew. He was having sort of a meeting with some colleagues from work yesterday. Top that off, his colleagues brought their own sons and wives to the meeting. Each family arriving in their own car. We were out on the lawn, my sheila and I, having some chat with regard to how irresponsible and fool people round us were being about not to heed the curfew, when one of the wives approached the fence from the other side to invited us to join them on the neighbour's yard. I said no because everyone should be taking social distancing, so as to tell her that they were breaking the rules, and I might report them to the authorities. The wife went away, and had a word with my neighbour, who looked our way disturbed.

Their children were playing in the yard; they were having this strange game related to being infected with Coronavirus, where those infected needed to be badly beaten down by the others. Tots would take their turn to be the infected ones. The way it cued about their getting infected was that they mimicked something as suddenly becoming a zombie. :lol:

It was kind of a gloomy game, but it amused me to watch, all the more so because one of the kids was quite beefy for his age, and when it was his turn of getting infected, no-one seemed to be able to beat him down. :rofl2:

I began laughing, telling the sheila how I would like the heavy-set toddler to form as a prop in my junior rugger team. But the sheila gave me one of her disapproving looks, frowning. She asked me how I could find that funny when minutes later I was giving her the lip that times are nearing black and stuff… :hmmm:

Mood shift; I went inside to the phone to report the neighbour to the authorities. When coming out to my yard, I shouted to the neighbour to warn him that I had just reported him.

1 hour ago, sinnerboy said:

well I never, apparently Flu vaccines are grown in Chicken eggs,  just a thought .

Yes they are - 1 or 2 eggs per vaccine dose, but we are months and months away from producing a vaccine.  Whatever vaccine we produce has to go through clinical trials first and that can take anywhere from 6 to 18 months before we get a vaccine that is effective and safe.

Uncool's neighbours are idiots. Plenty of idiots out there. 

I went shopping today but I retreated  for one reason or another and got nothing. My wife because of her job isn't out there but she told me that one of her staff told her she went shopping but ended up weeping in her car. 

I completely got it. I don't weep but going to Tesco is scary. I saw the queue and ran. 

I'm no hero.