As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

3 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

nah, told her to her face when she had her wisdom teeth out ( they weren't working 😀) and she couldn't talk for a week that the silence was golden, in fact I asked if she was sure she didn't have some more?

When did you get out afterwards R.

Simon.

was a while, I'm still having therapy. And do you know what, I'd swear I had two before.

Didn't Toyota used to make a car called the Corona?

54 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Didn't Toyota used to make a car called the Corona?

They did. Nice car of its time. 

Yes they did produce the Corona,.it used to be the model in their range above the Corolla at least that was the case in the early eighties.

Don't think they'd sell much of this now a days if it came down your street........

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Love a Bedford, Corona or not. 

I don't know what's happened to me but I'm watching 'All round to Mrs Brown' on the beeb and laughing like crazy. 

To be fair his impression of a North side Dublin Mammy is perfect. 

Stuck in the house we need all the humour. 

Strange helicopter loitering west of here. Lacking any kind of rational explanation, it's clearly the police flying top cover over a convoy of Andrex lorries :)

Posted (edited)

Gentlemen, I've been reading around this boosted by my expert wife. Basically Britain is in trouble. Italy and Spain two weeks ago, without their PM and health minister positive. The only leader in world positive. 

Stay safe guys. 

Edited by noelh

48 minutes ago, Yorkshire man said:

So this is where the toilet rolls have gone !

That lot would keep my mate Bob going (no pun) for about a week.

Our broadband went down earlier this evening. In the absence of any decent Scandi noir we were watching The Man with the Iron Heart on the BBC iPlayer. It "hung" several times then went off completely and all our internet devices lost their signal. It was pretty obviously an external issue (thank goodness) and it came back after about half an hour but it was still a slightly anxious half hour. My guess is that so many people who would normally be out on Saturday night were streaming or otherwise using the internet that something overloaded.

I'm probably more scared of the central heating/hot water failing than losing our internet connection (we could probably survive the latter by using our 4G phones) but it was a salutary reminder of just how dependent we are on the internet and how suddenly it can disappear.

There was a character in Asterix called Coronavirus,strange how things work out....

8 hours ago, noelh said:

The only leader in world positive. 

?

Did we miss something?

9 hours ago, noelh said:

Stuck in the house we need all the humour. 

Yep.  Reckon the news should be showing a policeman chasing 20 sunbathers round the park accompanied by the Benny Hill theme tune :)

3 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

There was a character in Asterix called Coronavirus,strange how things work out....

Just reserved a copy from my local city library, and am first on the list. But unfortunately, all libraries are shut and not operating.

I hate to harp on with a serious warning but for those like me having to drive for work be extra vigilant I'm seriously seeing more and more dangerous

driving especially as I travel after 10pm from work we came within 6ft of being wiped out by a d***head in a berlingo(I know) who assumed no one would

be approaching the roundabout and only minutes later overtaken at 50+ in a residential street by another idiot,ironic that when I reached the last stretch home

there were four Gendarmes parked on a garage forecourt self isolating in their cars.

13 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

overtaken at 50+ 

That's happened to me every day since I stopped being 49... :)

Seriously though, right now the only people in cars  likely to be on the road at 10pm are people driving home from work and the neighbourhood joyriders - so not surprised you're seeing a larger number of d-heads than usual.

14 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I hate to harp on with a serious warning but for those like me having to drive for work be extra vigilant I'm seriously seeing more and more dangerous

driving especially as I travel after 10pm from work we came within 6ft of being wiped out by a d***head in a berlingo(I know) who assumed no one would

be approaching the roundabout and only minutes later overtaken at 50+ in a residential street by another idiot,ironic that when I reached the last stretch home

there were four Gendarmes parked on a garage forecourt self isolating in their cars.

There aren’t more idiots on the road then usual I think..the reason is quite simple...

All these morons you see are the ones that they think they are invincible and use the opportunity too do the same stupid things in a easyer way and those are the ones that don’t stay at home either because of the same reason they drive like idiots....

cheers, Jan

47 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

All these morons you see are the ones that they think they are invincible

I don't think the medial is helping with this.  Everytime you hear of any serious illness or, sadly, deaths; the reporters always seem to follow that news with "they had underlying health issues".  As such, anyone without those health issues probably think it cannot affect them and act as if it is just another type of cold or flu.

Mike

@Vince1159 The Asterix character isn't as surprising as it seems. Coronavirii have been known since the 60's and are, I think often found in birds, it's just the current strain that's new. What is more spooky is that Dean Koontz wrote a book in 1981 called The Eyes of Darkness and in it he has a virus called Wuhan-400.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Beardie said:

What is more spooky is that Dean Koontz wrote a book in 1981 called The Eyes of Darkness and in it he has a virus called Wuhan-400.

There are really some weird coincidences. Unfortunately, this will be new food for conspiracy theories (as if there were not enough already).

Markus

Edited by Shorty84

How do chaps,

Been out shopping today and the Aldi were only letting one person per household into the store with a max of 16 at any one time. Mrs fatfingers went in as i would have just filled the trollley with instant noodles, beer and biscuits! I sat in the car listening to Scala Radio! The security on the door at Aldi was a very nice chap though and every one seemed fairly cheerful if a little subdued and stayed 2 + meters apart. 

We then went to our local B&M. Totally different storey with hooded nesbits getting up your backside and choking you with the stink of weed and Lynx Africa! If only stupidity was classed as an underlying health issue! 

Regards,

Steve