As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

20 minutes ago, MarkSH said:

I don't think its appropriate to make light of a serious situation.....I've been panic buying model kits for years, now everyone will be getting in on the act!

Is that where all those Revell Hunter F6s went?

J

I know it's serious but......

UK Virus alert
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to the current situation and have therefore raised the threat alert from “Miffed” to “Peeved”; it may soon be raised further to “A bit cross”.

The English have not been “A bit cross” since 1940 when the tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been recategorised from “Tiresome” to “A Bloomin' Nuisance” – a description last used in1588 when the Spanish Armada was in the Channel

The Scots have raised their threat level from “p {you know!)  off” to “let’s get the b123123”. They don’t have any other levels, which is the reason they have been the front line of the British Army for the last 300 years.

The French government has announced that it has raised its level from “run” to “hide”; there are only 2 higher, "collaborate" and "surrender". The rise was predicated by a fire which burnt down the French white flag factory so paralysing their military capability.

Italy as moved from ”Shout Loudly” to “Elaborate military posturing” and may move further  to “Ineffective military operations “or “Change sides”.

The Germans have increased from “Disdainful arrogance” to “Dress in uniform and sing marching songs” but may have to move to “Invade a neighbour” or, eventually,  “Lose”

The Spanish Navy are excited about the new submarines, the ones with glass bottoms so the new Spanish Navy can see the old Spanish Navy.

Australia has moved from “No worries” to “She’ll be alright, Bruce”. There is the risk that the next level “We’ll need to cancel the Barbie this weekend” but unlikely the final level “The Barbie is cancelled" will be invoked.

3 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

I've been self-isolating since I retired almost two years ago! :giggle:

Using my powers of deduction, I reckon that you were simply known as Bob before retirement?

5 hours ago, dogsbody said:

As long as there's food, water and crack-wipe, I could stay inside, in my basement room for a couple years, easy.

Chris

Yes Chris but that would require you to finish the Hurricane. Then start a Bristol of some sort if i remember correctly. 😉

Dennis

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes Chris but that would require you to finish the Hurricane. Then start a Bristol of some sort if i remember correctly. 😉

Dennis

Sure! Put the pressure on me! I may be too stressed. I need to drink medicate now.

Chris

Posted (edited)

I have no real excuse not to deliver a finished model into the ‘In the Navy’ GB having been instructed to work from home...

Seriously, the Irish Governments announcement yesterday was reported by the media as a ‘lock down’ which then caused mass panic buying here.  Mrs GB though was cunning - the Off Licence was quiet for her re-supply mission...

Anyway, - Off to work on my Fulmar...

Edited by Grey Beema

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mr T said:

an ideal opportunity to clean all the cupboards out etc and give everywhere a good clean

Two days ahead of you here. Baking and dried goods cupboard done on Wednesday, Tinned yesterday. Today we brave the Arctic blasts and frozen wastes of the freezer.

Edited by LostCosmonauts

On 13/03/2020 at 05:06, rob Lyttle said:

Hey, 

If we are all stuck indoors for days and weeks trying to dodge the Corona virus, 

WHAT ON EARTH ARE WE GOIN TO DO ALL DAY ? ‼️

I can't think of a way to pass the time.... 

Any ideas?? 🙄😊😃😄😆

Spending a little more time in working out where to correctly post topics so that the Mod Team don’t have to in this case, move it from Aviation Chat to a more suitable area........

11 hours ago, dogsbody said:

As long as there's food, water and crack-wipe, I could stay inside, in my basement room for a couple years, easy.

Chris

I read that as crack pipe lol

9 hours ago, iainpeden said:

Australia has moved from “No worries” to “She’ll be alright, Bruce”. There is the risk that the next level “We’ll need to cancel the Barbie this weekend” but unlikely the final level “The Barbie is cancelled" will be invoked.

But we have cancelled the Grand Prix - probably not as important as the barbie, but still ...

At last!! This is what I foresaw when stashing all those WnW kits!!

on a more serious note, schools in France are closing, I’m going to have to stay home to look after my son. What a fantastic opportunity to have some creative time together!! ❤️

If I have to self isolate it means I will have to talk to the wife...……………………. she seems quite nice for a vintage 1/1 scale.

Dick

Now in deep hiding with a big box of Aifix.

10 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Using my powers of deduction, I reckon that you were simply known as Bob before retirement?

As I retired from the MoD I simply cannot confirm or deny that. 😉

13 hours ago, sinnerboy said:

good idea,single seaters only 🙂

I might self isolate in the pub 😷

So should we start a single seater/closed canopy groupbuild  then? Or a hands off flying groupbuild (drones and everything remote controlled)

cheers, Jan

26 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

So should we start a single seater/closed canopy groupbuild  then? Or a hands off flying groupbuild (drones and everything remote controlled)

As long as you wash or sanitise your hands first, YOU know the rules. 😷

1 hour ago, jenko said:

I'd go for Tamiya, less stressful.  

Just hope I don't have to talk to SWIMBO, that's worse than having the corona virus. 😷 Perhaps I could wear my spray mask and just nod now and then.

2 hours ago, Beazer said:

I read that as crack pipe lol

🙋🏽‍♂️ #metoo (no I wasn’t forced on by some executive)

I think most did or will to be fair.  (As in read the above comment that way)

Never known it as that, will save for future use 👌🏽

3 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Two days ahead of you here. Baking and dried goods cupboard done on Wednesday, Tinned yesterday. Today we brave the Arctic blasts and frozen wastes of the freezer.

Don't go outside for goodness sake, it's not summertime yet!

Duncan B

1 minute ago, Duncan B said:

Duncan B

Not a chance. Have been on the bike today but firmly on a turbo trainer indoors 

2 hours ago, jenko said:

If I have to self isolate it means I will have to talk to the wife...……………………. she seems quite nice for a vintage 1/1 scale.

Dick

I did hear that, due to self isolation, there will be a baby boom around Christmas 2020.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

I did hear that, due to self isolation, there will be a baby boom around Christmas 2020.

That's how rumours and panic buying starts, glad nappies and baby milk are a thing of the distant past, the shelves will be empty of them come October. 🤣

4 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

But I have told the Postman and the Milkman to leave their deliveries at the gate!!

Duncan B

2 hours ago, Mark said:

At last!! This is what I foresaw when stashing all those WnW kits!!

on a more serious note, schools in France are closing, I’m going to have to stay home to look after my son. What a fantastic opportunity to have some creative time together!! ❤️

2 hours ago, jenko said:

Dick

22 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

Duncan B

5 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

Who needs school. Just look at the accumulated wisdom on display here :D

3 hours ago, Greg B said:

more time in working out where to correctly post topics

Sorry Capt. 

I didn't even realise or remember this forum section was down here! 

Much better. Thanks 

7 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Sorry Capt. 

I didn't even realise or remember this forum section was down here! 

Much better. Thanks 

Don't tell them your name, Pike