Revell Dambusters Lancaster

rafalbert

Hi guys,

I am late to the party but as I am in the latter stages of my Draken for the Scandanavian GB, I thought I would make a start with this. I know the many shortcomings with the kit but as it was a present from my missus and it will never be a competition entry, I am only going to address the dihedral issue. No doubt it will look fine on the shelf when I am done.

Dave

IMG_20200312_134543

Edited by rafalbert
  • Like 6

Good going Dave. All this Lanc chatter saw me buy a Damsbusters decal sheet yesterday, now I just need to apply them to ‘another’ Lancaster kit purchase. Will look forward to seeing this classic subject  take shape. 

Cheers and best of luck.. (another) Dave 

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Well I have started, and heathen that I am I will only be painting the parts that are visible. I spent quite a lot of time on my Airfix Lanc to make the interior pretty, but hardly anything can be seen. So, as you can see I have only painted the cockpit area (and not that well to be honest). When it is closed up it will look ok and ultimately this old girl will be sitting on my shelf away from public viewing!

IMG_20200319_201728

Edited by rafalbert
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, rafalbert said:

...I will only be painting the parts that are visible.

Which is all that I've done as well. I agree, not much can be seen once the fuse is all buttoned up, however what you've completed looks great and will be visible.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Please accept my apologies for the hiatus with this build. I had a meltdown following a decal malfunction on my build for the Nordic GB, and I realised that I was not enjoying modelling any more. I have since been working on my many stalled projects and it has been rather nice to actually get a few finished in my own time rather than to a set timescale. Having said that, I am now ready to resume work on the Lanc, although I doubt I will have it completed before the end of the GB. The pic below shows what I had achieved before the break, and a lot of it is not pretty (bonus points awarded for identifying a major screw up on my part!). Some of the fit of parts has not been great, the worst being the dambuster's bomb bay insert which had a massive step at the rear and took a lot of fettling. Anyway, here we go...

IMG_20200522_120407

• Like 6

Have to say, decalling issues, rushing to finish building within time lines, can certainly take the gloss off this hobby. Hopefully the good folk on here can pep you up a little and get you going again. My own Lanc build took a massive step backwards the other week, however the many BM words of encouragement helped get me see it differently and realise that we all have (at least) one fault in every build. Keep going, it will all go unnoticed once the eyes get distracted by the good quality end result. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2