North American F-107A UltraSabre

Morning everybody... Im hoping everyone is staying safe and healthy this Tuesday morning. I mixed a batch of ADC Grey and sprayed this down yesterday afternoon. FfyAMoM.jpg

5S9PFLH.jpg

The areas that are unpainted will be masked off and sprayed Gloss Blue tomorrow. 

Ez8Tlf6.jpg

QLlAXw6.jpg

2ZeSH81.jpg

Not pictured are the landing gear doors, there are two each for the main bays. I will have to mask the rear half of the rear door on each side as it will be split with Gloss Blue. You can see the centerline Data-link pod in the background, that will eventually be painted white and black. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or thoughts. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

Hello everyone... I masked this off today but in the end decided that I’d paint it tomorrow, as I didn't feel like dragging out the A/B. ODmbiV0.jpg

i7FHCUm.jpg

f0A4GBg.jpg

6avenHF.jpg

So I’ll spray the blue tomorrow and the painting will be done on this. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 4

Hello I was able to pull the tape off of the canopy and nose now that the touch-ups are done. nzn8qk8.jpg

ob8WdUo.jpg

ErgGqKZ.jpg
Next up we can do the decals, and start to head to finish. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or thoughts.  

Dennis

• Like 5

Sorry I've missed this before, your build is really interesting, especially the choice of colour scheme. I think you picked a great idea 👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone ... while painting some white on other builds tonight i was able to paint the white on the Data-link pod for this.

1c7vOak.jpg

g7FUNrr.jpg

Next up is some fancy masking to spray certain panels black. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Morning everybody... I painted the black portions on the data-link pod last night. I will mask them off and spray some touch up white to clean up the lines. And then we’re on to decals. lw1R9PD.jpg

LF9NDCA.jpg

uSdaTYa.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Evening everybody... Well 95% of the decals are on, just the FAA serial that needs to be made up. CdK7t88.jpg

JfhMRu2.jpg

ygAKEQ0.jpg

Shes looking good to my eyes, but I'm a bit biased. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 4

Hello everyone... So I sat back after the decals had dried. Studied the decals and realized i forgot the red swoop portion that overlays the main decal. However after i started placing the decals on I realized the company that made them messed up. Lets see if you can figure out where. 8OfZUOE.jpg

XZKyVmx.jpg

Well at least these are the only sheet I've got left of a Promo pack from the ‘04 U.S.Nationals. I can honestly say I’ll never buy Two-Bob’s decals. Everyone of the three promotional sheets in that pack had something wrong with them.

ZYAEime.jpg
I still need to add the N-NA around the 107’s on the Fuselage. bJYyVbG.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

EDIT: Now with full Civvie serial #. 97uc0Yk.jpg

jJJ1S2i.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

There'll be no missing this one in the display cabinet Dennis! :coolio:

Cheers

Thanks Cliff ... Its all but done I just need to do the final assembly. Had company over though and haven't had much time at the bench. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello Everyone... Number two for this build is done. This of course being for the North American build. O53D5lK.jpg

XGukKNd.jpg

lPogdZV.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, comment, or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 10

• 1 year later...