Copper State Models Nieuport 17 1/32

I've unexpectedly gained some free time over the next couple of weeks, and rather than waste it i thought i would do something useful, dig around in the stash and start another build. Top of the pile was CSM's lovely Nieuport 17. Although not my first WW1 build (WNW's Junkers D1 got there first), this will be my first build with rigging. 

So first the very nice box art

AwAMjcu.jpg?1

Lifting the lid reveals another sturdy main box 

1XWYkCe.jpg?1

4 marking options, i'm not sure yet which one i will choose

bIrEjP1.jpg?2

The instruction booklet is very very nice

fl1WPgq.jpg

aIJFwUR.jpg

LpvDNAi.jpg

I havent photographed much of the the sprues, but take my word for it the moulding is superb, there is a tiny bit of flash here and there but nothing that wont be sorted with 2 seconds of a sanding stick. 

amO21TD.jpg?1

Xoo5WGO.jpg?1

First job was to start with the cockpit. Lots of detail here to be added so i'm expecting this first part of the build to take some time. 

Mig Ammo New Wood sprayed on

xNt0S4D.jpg

And then once dry i started with the oils, i really enjoy this part, very therapeutic! Although i dont like waiting for it to dry so much.. 

ZTb7zlZ.jpg

P3Pa1RB.jpg?1

That's pretty much where i'm at, i have done the cockpit framing too but forgot to take any pics of that. 

Will crack on again tomorrow!

So far i'm very pleased with this kit, seems to pretty much be on a par with WNW, lets see how it builds up!

Thanks for looking! 

• Like 5