Hasegawa 1/48 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk

On 3/11/2020 at 5:31 PM, F-32 said:

Absolutely stunning!

Here she is, this photo is from Aeroresearch who do some great reference photo CDs:

VF-43  A-4E by tony_inkster, on Flickr

I had a copy of that photo, but at much lower resolution (and one of the other side as well). I wish I'd had the one you posted - you can see a few more details on it that I could have incorporated.

20 hours ago, Shashman said:

Hey Jon, further to my original comment, I just want to commend you on your website, which I've just spent the last hour or so enjoying.

As someone who's just got back into the hobby, it's so reassuring and encouraging to be able to see someone's progression, and wow, what a progression you've gone through! Fascinating and very impressive stuff.

Thanks - glad it's of some value!

12 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

That is incredible! The painting is unbelievable, must have taken forever. 

Yep, it did! In a couple of years I intend to do a USN F-5E in a tiger stripe scheme and will use a different masking method that will hopefully be quicker.

11 hours ago, Fredag said:

Well done, the first thing i noticed was your slat work. ;)

I spent a long time deciding if that was a change worth making and now it's finished, I'm glad I did it.

Many thanks for everyone's kind comments

Jon

Edited by Jon Bryon
  • Like 1

Wow, what a great job. I bet that paintjob wasn't tense at all 😁 Must have been incredibly satisfying once the masks came off.

Well done, it's a superbly finished and eye-catching model.

Alan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoSG0 said:

Question: Did the Trace tool miss things or was not outputting fine enough?

Thanks.

The main issue is that the trace tool cannot tell the difference between the paint demarcations, the panel lines and the markings (like the national insignia). These all needed to be removed manually, which took forever.

Jon

• Thanks 1

Cant find enough good things to say about this Scooter, thats one of the best I've seen, that came is just incredible and the weathering is just spot on.

Absolutely outstanding work.

Eng

• Like 1