Hasegawa 1/48 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk

I'm making four Hasegawa 1/48 Skyhawks concurrently (WIP thread is here) and this is the first to be finished. It's the Hasegawa 1/48 A-4E in aggressor markings from Fights On decals. The only major change I made to the kit was to fill in the leading edge slat bays so there is a smooth transition to the wing. There's no aftermarket other than the decals, and the paint is all Mr Color. A full write up can be found here.

Comments welcome, and thanks for looking.

Jon

a4e_02.jpg

a4e_11.jpg

a4e_10.jpg

a4e_21.jpg

a4e_31.jpg

a4e_64b.jpg

a4e_76.jpg

a4e_70.jpg

a4e_64a.jpg

a4e_65.jpg

a4e_69.jpg

a4e_57.jpg

a4e_48.jpg

a4e_14.jpg

a4e_15.jpg

• Like 57
  • Thanks 1

Great result, Jon !

One of my favourite Scooter colour schemes......I have a real fascination with the USN Aggressor schemes on their A-4s. You did a great job with masking the stripes on this elaborate looking bird. Thanks too for the tip on fairing in the leading edge slat bays. I have had limited success with my first RNZAF example but will look to use your method on my future builds.

Well Done, Sir !

• Like 1

Hey Jon, further to my original comment, I just want to commend you on your website, which I've just spent the last hour or so enjoying.

As someone who's just got back into the hobby, it's so reassuring and encouraging to be able to see someone's progression, and wow, what a progression you've gone through! Fascinating and very impressive stuff.

• Like 1