Another Phantom STGB Chat - Poll open.

DaveJL

3 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Just to keep everyone appraised ... the deadline for the GB is the 23:59 on the 21st November, not the 12th. There was a typo in the original threads. So you all have an extra week 😎

I still don't know if it will help me...but I'll take what I can get.  :party:

• Like 1

Hypersonic have released a centreline pylon for the Tamiya F-4B, the kit only supplies a 600 gallon fuel tank and the way it's attached by a raised wedge means you cannot leave it off without removing the wedge and scratch making the the details of the centreline release unit.  This pylon fits onto the wedge after reducing it's height and chamfering the front edges.

While the US Navy Phantoms mainly used the centreline 600 gallon tank, this pylon will be useful for a Marines aircraft, here is the pylon and an Aerobonus MER just dry fitted to a Tamiya wing section.

It is a beautiful piece of moulding that is easily removed from the small pour stub and comes with all the crutching pads, I've yet to fit them between the pylon and MER.

IMG_1732

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Got a notification that a couple F-4Ds are inbound from Japan this morning.  :wicked:

I need another Phantom like I need another hole in my head...:rofl2:  But hey, I've got to spend spend some of this OT money sometime, so why not to support a company that provides for the hobby.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Chris, ZM, FM or Tamiya?

Chris

Z-Ms.  I got in on their re-release pre-order last month.  They had a few kits they were doing a limited second run of as part of their 10th anniversary celebrations.

• Like 1

Good news folks! After looking through all the threads and realising there's only a week left to run,  I've asked for, and we've been given an extension to the GB - it will now run until the 28th of the month instead of the 21st. Thanks to @Enzo Matrix for this.

Hopefully the extra week will see more over the line, will certainly give me some breathing space to complete mine!

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Good news folks! After looking through all the threads and realising there's only a week left to run,  I've asked for, and we've been given an extension to the GB - it will now run until the 28th of the month instead of the 21st. Thanks to @Enzo Matrix for this.

Hopefully the extra week will see more over the line, will certainly give me some breathing space to complete mine!

Cheers

Dave

Great News .. Sadly Im finished with my two but am in serious pain the last few days so cant hunch over and photograph the two. Hopefully will get to it soon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've asked for, and we've been given an extension to the GB - it will now run until the 28th of the month instead of the 21st. Thanks to @Enzo Matrix for this.

Heavens be praised! And @DaveJL and @Enzo Matrix !!! I was just beginning to dispair (having been at the decaling since 2pm (now 10pm). Why did they put so many stencils on those Phantoms?!

50 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sadly Im finished with my two but am in serious pain the last few days so cant hunch over and photograph the two. Hopefully will get to it soon.

Hope you feel better soon Dennis!

Ditto.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great News .. Sadly Im finished with my two but am in serious pain the last few days so cant hunch over and photograph the two. Hopefully will get to it soon. 

Get well soon!!

Thanks for the extension guys!!! Don't know if it will be enough, but it will definitely help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Cheers

Dave

Awesome! I doubt it'll be enough for me to get across the line but at least I'll be able to put in a more respectable showing

Great news about the extension for those that are close.  Not enough to help my cause though.  :rofl2:  I'm still committed to seeing the EJ Kai through by the end of the year though.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 7:09 PM, DaveJL said:

Cheers

Dave

Thays good, I was looking at the gallery a few days ago and wondering where everyone was. Summer distractions!!!

2 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

The end of which year?

That is a good question!  :wicked:

Nah, I'm shooting for this year.  It's also being build for a twin engine club GB which is due in January.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:44 AM, DaveJL said:

Just to keep everyone appraised ... the deadline for the GB is the 23:59 on the 21st November, not the 12th. There was a typo in the original threads. So you all have an extra week 😎

On 11/14/2021 at 7:09 PM, DaveJL said:

Cheers

Dave

Sixteen extra days! I needn't have rushed.

• Haha 1

Great that there is an extra week. My FGR2 is just about to have the canopy masking removed and the nav lights etc painted, but I am hoping that there is a bit of sun to photograph it, which of course in Yorkshire cannot be relied on. Also Mrs T is off this week and we are having days out etc. I still aim to finish this by the weekend as I want to clear the decks for next set of group builds (going to need a while to retrieve stuff from the stash). 

43 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

My goodness! How big is it?

Pretty large actually (the stash), but the problem is it is all packed away and I have to go through my catalogue and find  which box the kits are in. The kits are always in the box I have to move other boxes to get to. Then I get distracted by looking at other stuff and a couple more hours have gone by. 

• Like 1