Another Phantom STGB Chat - Poll open.

DaveJL

I have a copy (PDF) of the MOD British Phantom Aircrew topic 15 manual publication. Although most is of little use to modelling (be it very informative) there is a very good section on the various RAF and Navy cockpits layouts that I am willing to share but I am unsure how I can make it available to those interested. Obviously giving everybody access to my OneDrive is not an option and the file size 180mb. I can give access to individuals by email link consent for the file

Edited by Tony G
update info

I'm still undecided on what I'm going to do.  With time dwindling down I'm probably going to have to scratch the HAF AUP though.  :(  Between the conversion set not being released yet, not being done with French & F-16 GBs, and that it will have to run alongside Ragnar.  I want to be able to take my time and not be under the gun to finish (we all know I build at a glacial pace).  So I'm probably back to either a USN or JASDF variant.  Hopefully I can get the F-16s & F-100 finished up in the next couple weeks, this coming weekend being a long one should help as long as I can get to the bench.

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

There's little point taking on too much and finishing nothing, except to give us a reason for KUTA GBs. I bet every one of us does that from time to time though.

hahaha   you should see his bench!!!  :rofl2:

• Haha 1

Now that I'm back in a positive GB mood, I should really consider taking part in this, of course after my Vigilante in an other GB is completed... since the two shared the engine, it makes sense to go from RA-5 to F-4... 😆

Not sure what to build, Luftwaffe F-4F or ANG grey F-4C ? Or a Vietnam era F-4E ? Or a strike configured FGR.2 ? Decisions, decisions....

• Like 2

The more Phantoms the merrier!

I "think" I'm getting closer to a decision on what I want to do...and surprise, surprise, the 2 options I'm down to are not ones I'd originally been thinking though still both USN & JASDF.  :rofl2:  I'm going to stew on it for a day or so, play w/ some plastic, then order paints for both of them this weekend.  I'll probably commit and open a thread in the next day or so...though I won't be diving in until a get a couple others cleared out.  Though one of the options I'm looking at has a high probability of not completing in time due to stencils...but those are minor details.

9 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

There’s a very nice model of that released last Monday. 😀

Chris

4 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

Speaking of which...

i6ZEo5C.jpg

I might join with this, after I finish another kit. If that is ok.

I am indeed tempted by this kit and I was checking for prices at my usual favourite online shops.. looks like a very neat package !

My only concern is that I had planned a Hasegawa C with exactly those markings, courtesy of a Superscale sheet... now I understand this kit is even better than the Hase one and the decals would be well sized to the kit, something that may or not happen with Superscale's... still, do I want to invest in this specific box or should I build the Hasegawa C in these markings and invest in one of the other FM Phantom kits ?

Well, I have to blame Chris and Pete and a couple other modellers on the forum for the new dent in my wallet... in the end yesterday I gave up any pretense of sanity and ordered the new FM F-4C. While I was on the website I also ordered the F-14A from the same company, so more of my money going to Japan.. I know that in return I'll get two very good quality kits and this makes me of course very happy.

I'll see if the kit arrives in time for this GB or what, if not I'll start something else... afterall I have other decals for the Hase kit in the stash...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think I'll join this instead of just reading along, having actually finished the recent Blitzbuild, I'm keen to keep going. I have an Airfix FG.1, some decals to do VX 590 when it got zapped by the Americans, and some etch for the cockpit. I figure and hour or so each night will be good for progress while my beloved rots her brain with TV.

Cheers, Justin.

• Haha 2

On 05/09/2021 at 07:01, RevDWC said:

I think I'll join this instead of just reading along, having actually finished the recent Blitzbuild, I'm keen to keep going. I have an Airfix FG.1, some decals to do VX 590 when it got zapped by the Americans, and some etch for the cockpit. I figure and hour or so each night will be good for progress while my beloved rots her brain with TV.

Cheers, Justin.

But remember there is nothing more infuriating for a wife than seeing their husband engaged in something they deem as unproductive. That’s why my workshop (Sanctuary) is a 100 metres up my garden she would have to get off the sofa to find out what I am doing / or not doing.

• Haha 2

On 06/09/2021 at 12:08, Tony G said:

But remember there is nothing more infuriating for a wife than seeing their husband engaged in something they deem as unproductive.

I know what you mean, I've been making models for 55 years, married for over 40 years and it STILL seems to be a surprise to her that I enjoy making models, going to model club meetings and shows. :fraidnot:

• Haha 3

On 8/31/2021 at 2:59 PM, Tony G said:

Obviously giving everybody access to my OneDrive is not an option and the file size 180mb. 

Sharing a specific file via Onedrive (as a read-only link) does not mean everyone has access to your entire Onedrive. 
It is just that file. And you can withdraw the sharing at any time.