Another Phantom STGB Chat - Poll open.

DaveJL

As a newbie I thought I had better sort out some much needed extra tools before the start of the group build.

So I built a twin extractor folding spray booth and a photo etch bending tool which I think went quite well. So eyes down to start my build.

spacer.png   spacer.png     spacer.png

• Like 5

8 hours ago, helios16v said:

Pending the actual release date of some bits I've been following that were teased this morning.....my plans may change provided I have enough time to pull it off.  We shall see, fingers crossed.

Which bits? 

7 minutes ago, Gidge said:

Which bits? 

Zeus Projects released some shots of the AUP conversion for the HAF F-4E.  I've already got the decals & the Z-M F-4E for it.  Just need the resin bits.  Out of all my planned Phantoms in the stash, this one is probably the one I'm most excited about.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tony G said:

As a newbie I thought I had better sort out some much needed extra tools before the start of the group build.

So I built a twin extractor folding spray booth and a photo etch bending tool which I think went quite well. So eyes down to start my build.

spacer.png   spacer.png     spacer.png

Nice. Folding is good. The booth I built is a swine to stow away.

37 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Cheers it is working well and I found that covering the clear panels with replaceable cling film is a good way of keeping the clear panels clear from overspray. It needed to fold down as modelling has to compete with other hobbies in my workshop (sanctuary) and more important tasks as prioritised by the wife

5 minutes ago, Tony G said:

Cheers it is working well and I found that covering the clear panels with replaceable cling film is a good way of keeping the clear panels clear from overspray. It needed to fold down as modelling has to compete with other hobbies in my workshop (sanctuary) and more important tasks as prioritised by the wife

I think it's essential to have an extractor if using an airbrush, a dust mask is a help, of course but how much better to whisk it all out of the building.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

8 minutes ago, Gidge said:

Will take me a few days to finish up my current project. My goal is to be ready to go inside the first week of the group build and that should be achievable

I have a sinking feeling that I'm going to demonstrate my immaturity at midnight.

• Haha 2

Digging through the paint stash figuring out what I'm going to need to order in the chance of the AUP bits being released in time.  Probably going to see about ordering them this weekend...might have to tack another kit on since my current early Es were slated for RAAF & early Kurnass builds...

it's time, it's time, it's time!!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:

Look out plastic here I come............ and probably evilBay as well!! :D

20 minutes ago, Tony G said:

Pardon my newbie ignorance but how to you create a thread for my group build. and what is reqired to be posted in it

welcome to the utter madness that is a Group Build!!  :thumbsup:

Starting a thread is quite simple, on the main page for this group build there is a button on the RH saying "Start new topic", click that.

A new box will pop up, Title - build name, Tags - you don't really need to worry too much about that, then the main box is where enter in you adventures with the build and photos photos of it.

When finished here just click "Submit Topic" and your new thread is up.

You then just add to the thread like you're doing here.

If you jump over to the FAQ section there are some really helpful guides for adding photos (and other stuff), from most of the popular photo storage sites. Or pop a question here, someones bound to help you out.

enjoy the build and have fun.

• Thanks 1

So, I would like to join with a Tamiya F-4B. Kit has been started, stage of play is the cockpit has been assembled and detail painted. It is now up to the wash stage. Seats, undercarriage etc are off the sprues and cleaned up. Is that under the 25%?

Cheers ;)

• Like 1

I've started playing with my tamiya F-4B.... I have to say it has to be one of the finest or if not the finest model I've ever built!!!! The fit of parts is out f this world.

They put everyone else to shame with this one. Gosh at this rate besides the Academy F-4's I may have to sell my Zoukei-Mura ones when they eventually release the F-4E versions!!!  This model is that good!!!  :worthy:

Wow, already a real 48ers party! Tamiya seemingly leading the way... , wow!

Am going going to add a Hase Luftwaffe F model I guess... need a collect all my AM stuff first though ;)

• Like 1

And..... Go Go Go!! (I know it's a bit after the official start time but I'm just home from work :lol:)

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I've started playing with my tamiya F-4B.... I have to say it has to be one of the finest or if not the finest model I've ever built!!!! The fit of parts is out f this world.

They put everyone else to shame with this one. Gosh at this rate besides the Academy F-4's I may have to sell my Zoukei-Mura ones when they eventually release the F-4E versions!!!  This model is that good!!!  :worthy:

Don't tell me that, I've another ZM EJ on pre-ordered!

15 hours ago, Greg B said:

So, I would like to join with a Tamiya F-4B. Kit has been started, stage of play is the cockpit has been assembled and detail painted. It is now up to the wash stage. Seats, undercarriage etc are off the sprues and cleaned up. Is that under the 25%?

Cheers ;)

I'd say that's about 20% 😉

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Don't tell me that, I've another ZM EJ on pre-ordered!

I wouldn't be too worried. They'll most likely do other short nosed variants first. Will probably be a few years before they bring out a long nose.

22 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

I'd say that's about 20% 😉

That's 28% Tamiya F-4B's so far

===EDIT===

That's not counting Greg B  who hasn't created a thread yet which would take it up to 30%

Edited by Gidge
  • Like 1