Another Phantom STGB Chat - Poll open.

DaveJL

Don't worry...no Tamiya build here.  It'll be either Hasegawa or Z-M, pending release of some resin bits.  And if it's the Hase I'm not even locked in on scale.  

Need to get the RAF Mustang & pair of Falcons clear of the bench first...so I've got a bit of time yet.

49 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Don't worry...no Tamiya build here.  It'll be either Hasegawa or Z-M, pending release of some resin bits.  And if it's the Hase I'm not even locked in on scale.  

Need to get the RAF Mustang & pair of Falcons clear of the bench first...so I've got a bit of time yet.

Build the Zoukei-Mura. That HAF AUP set looks fantastic! Pair it with some AIM-120's and you'll have a nice unique beast that stands out from the crowd.

• Like 1

So I finally found a nice Hasegawa F-4E Phantom - even a late one I believe:

Phantom

But it has this outrageous scheme:

Phantom

Should I build this ( are computer game inspired schemes even allowed by GB rules?) Or should I give it a nice Hill II Paintjob?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Phantom

Phantom

Should I build this ( are computer game inspired schemes even allowed by GB rules?) Or should I give it a nice Hill II Paintjob?

I see no rules about schemes so I say go for it. The more variety the better!

7 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@DaveJL, I can’t remember if I asked earlier, are you happy with a Egg scale F4?

Of course mate!

19 hours ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Phantom

Phantom

Crack on mate!

I was going to be good as I haven't got the decals I want for my Tamiya F-4B yet, and the scheme I would have done is already in the GB, but Phantoms...  So I'll sneak in late and pretend I was here all along with something just a tiny bit different - a 1/72 Turkish RF-4E using the Revell kit as a base (since it was available and affordable).

Andy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Foxbat said:

I was going to be good as I haven't got the decals I want for my Tamiya F-4B yet, and the scheme I would have done is already in the GB, but Phantoms...  So I'll sneak in late and pretend I was here all along with something just a tiny bit different - a 1/72 Turkish RF-4E using the Revell kit as a base (since it was available and affordable).

Andy

At the rate some of these new AM bits are showing up for the new Tamiya bird, you won't hav hot wait long for decals! 2 new sets are on the way and who knows how many more are around the corner!

Hi Folks,

Im giving some thought to enter with either an Academy C and building her with rocket pods. I know the C used the LAU 10, LAU 3 and the 32 but im struggling to find any decent images showing the types of loadouts that were seen; could anyone point me in the right direction please to give me some reference? 

Cheers

7 hours ago, Antb said:

Hi Folks,

Im giving some thought to enter with either an Academy C and building her with rocket pods. I know the C used the LAU 10, LAU 3 and the 32 but im struggling to find any decent images showing the types of loadouts that were seen; could anyone point me in the right direction please to give me some reference? 

Cheers

http://airwarvietnam.com/f4.htm 

Bottom of this page you can find loading charts which explain where and how many  could be fitted 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

http://airwarvietnam.com/f4.htm 

Bottom of this page you can find loading charts which explain where and how many  could be fitted 

Thank you for taking the time to reply and provide the link. 

I should have been more clear initially as I do have an idea how many pods could be carried under each station. 

i was wondering if are any images showing an actual load, rather than, for example, loading up with 12 pods which would, I guess, be unlikely to happen. 

5 minutes ago, vangos said:

Hi!

Can I join with an Esci F-4E in 1/72 with an unfinished cockpit which have been started many years ago? I am planning to make an HAF F-4E SRA.

If it's only the cockpit that has been started I'd say that's under a quarter built so welcome to the GB mate!

Another E has been ordered along with remaining paints I needed to complete the Aegean Ghost scheme.  All I need now is the release of the Zeus resin.  :penguin:

• Like 1

I went to the Zoukei-Mura site this morning (forget the original reason why), and it looks like they will be re-releasing the F-4C & D (along with 3 other kits) in limited quantities as part of their 10th anniversary celebration.  Pre-orders open on Oct 2nd from the main Japan site.

I really should stay away from there...I just seem to find more ways to get myself in trouble...  :rofl2:

https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/

• Like 1

Some great kits coming together in the GB so far, that old Tamiya kit seems to be fairly popular :lol:

I'm hoping to make a start on mine soon, but I'm away for 2 weeks on a much needed break for me and the missus from tomorrow (both 'key workers' during the pandemic) so nothing will be done for a while! I'll check in while I'm away and catch up on comments when I'm back.

@trickyrich will hold the fort while I'm away I'm sure!

Stay safe and keep up the good work!

Dave

• Like 1

I found this site while looking for something else, has lots of awesome photos of JASDF Phantoms, and others. 

Great photo reference, plus if you go diving into the site their are heaps of other awesome photos!

http://aviationspottersonline.com/phantom-spotting-at-hyakuri

• Like 1