Another Phantom STGB Chat - Poll open.

DaveJL

Hello all,

Given that 2021 will be 40 years since the last F-4 rolled off the production line, how about a Phantom GB to mark the occasion? Any variant, any nation, any colour!

I myself have 6 to choose from - F-4G, F-4E Hellenic Air Force, F-4C USAF, RF-4EJ JASDF, F-4E ROKAF, FGR.2....

Dave

• Like 3

I've got 3 in the stash - count on my support.

Hasegawa F-4E Thunderbirds,

Hasegawa-F4-Phantom.jpg

Edited 12 Jan 2021.  I've just received Esci Israeli Phantom decals - thanks @iainpeden.  My plan is to build this kit as Israeli F4E 618 of 201 Squadron.

This aircraft was lost on 13 Oct 1973, over the Golan Heights during Yom Kippur, crashing into the Med.  both crew recovered.

Airfix FG1, Fleet Air Arm,

Airfix-Phantom-FG1.jpg

Fujimi F-4M RAF Green/Grey camo.

Fujimi-Phantom-FGR2.jpg

• Like 1

Well crap.....better put me down.  I've been chatting w/ @Col. about my RF build and ended up doing a tally (Scalemates inventory).....I thought I had 9.  Wrong.  14.  :blink2:

And I found some decals that really caught my interest...for a 1/72 E.  Of which out of the 14 kits i have...I do not have an E (not counting RFs) in any scale.  And wouldn't you know it, my LHS happens to have one, in a multi-box w/ an RF-4E.  So someone might be making a trip back down there this weekend since they have an unused giftcard.  Because who wouldn't want a couple more Phantoms.....:doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm really not a fan of these GB/STGB # 15 billon, but in this case I do have a couple for those fine Academy 1/48th beasties in the stash, along with a Hasegawa RF-4E......and hopefully soon a Zoukei-Mura F-4E (they're taking forever to release!!).....

....... so I don't really have an excuse not to sight up for this one.

Of course it'll be either a VF-31 bird or an Israeli one....or maybe a Luftwaffe F-4F if someone (Academy/Zoukei-Mura) does a proper updated model.

Oh the Israeli bird would be the special F-4E(S) "Peace Jack" version, which had the monster camera in the nose!

@DaveJL you might need to get a list started...and some sedatives for @helios16v Chris, as he seems to be getting a bit excited! :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

@DaveJL you might need to get a list started...and some sedatives for @helios16v Chris, as he seems to be getting a bit excited! :D

That's all right.  I'm still trying to get this one phinished up.  :rolleyes:

49628682813_68bc4792ac_c.jpg

These came home from the LHS before the forced closure...
49680799347_7ff661ffe3_c.jpg
Though reading up on the EJ...they won't work for the Turkish Es, as the EJ don't use the slatted wings that all but the early Es used.  So I still don't have the right base kit.  :wall:  Oh well, guess I'll have to add another 1 or 2.  Haha.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/30/2020 at 3:55 PM, helios16v said:

That's all right.  I'm still trying to get this one phinished up.  :rolleyes:

49628682813_68bc4792ac_c.jpg

OMG have you seen the number of stencils on that! I might have to think about starting now...

• Haha 3

Not normally my cup of tea but im sure, I've got the Frog one lurking in the stash, it would be just plain rude not to build it in this GB.

I think I've also got a blooming great Monogram1/48 one, another late night evilbay purchase most likely !

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/monogram-5805-us-navy-f-4j--159264

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I have a 1:144 Phantom FG.1/FGR.2 kit by C2D that I'd like to do........  if I can maintain the patience to wait for the GB! :bounce:

cheers,

Mike

I am in. I have got a few in the stash. would be a waste not to build one. Maybee I will be doing a Iranian version.

Cheers,

Well I’ve got decals for a F-4J in “Be-Devilers” markings. and I now have to build an F-4B and convert it to a VMFP-3 RF-4B. Since the Hase kit self destructed on many. Also an early VF-84 build from the ‘65 cruise would be a great possibility.