Another Phantom STGB Chat - Poll open.

DaveJL

I always like the poll. Fascinating to go through all the gallery builds and decide on what you like. Not always best build. Often interesting and different. I prefer the polls though where you have more than a single vote in a section to spread the love.

I did not get my work into this gallery but still keen to vote. Was looking forward to it. 

Ray

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

I did not get my work into this gallery but still keen to vote. Was looking forward to it. 

But does it work that way Ray? Not knowing how the software works, I’d always assumed that you had to be ‘in the gallery’ to get a vote?

Otherwise you could get everyone with a BM account voting? Although unlikely I admit.

• DaveJL changed the title to Another Phantom STGB Chat - Poll open.

Thanks for setting up the poll Dave, @DaveJL

I probably will vote though I'm a bit neutral about polls in general. I can see the arguments from both those for and against.

And, er... sorry Dave, is it just one vote? (shows how often I've done a GB poll). And do we have to tick the 'NONE IN THIS SECTION' if we move to the next section to vote?

Thanks,

6 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Thanks for setting up the poll Dave, @DaveJL

I probably will vote though I'm a bit neutral about polls in general. I can see the arguments from both those for and against.

And, er... sorry Dave, is it just one vote? (shows how often I've done a GB poll). And do we have to tick the 'NONE IN THIS SECTION' if we move to the next section to vote?

Thanks,

I haven't voted in a GB poll in a good few years,  but I think it's one from each section, i.e if you're preferred build is in section 1, click none in this section in the second bit.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Johnson said:

But does it work that way Ray? Not knowing how the software works, I’d always assumed that you had to be ‘in the gallery’ to get a vote?

Otherwise you could get everyone with a BM account voting? Although unlikely I admit.

Everyone on the forum is allowed to vote much like in the bunfight. Ive voted for kits In group builds that Ive not participated in. 

14 hours ago, Johnson said:

Otherwise you could get everyone with a BM account voting?

Yep. That's how it's gone wrong in the past. Certain needy members canvassing their BM mates to vote for their GB entries, although it's not allowed. It's a bit sad.

With so many great entries and one vote, it's a bit harsh on everyone really.

1 minute ago, Alan P said:

Yep. That's how it's gone wrong in the past. Certain needy members canvassing their BM mates to vote for their GB entries, although it's not allowed. It's a bit sad.

With so many great entries and one vote, it's a bit harsh on everyone really.

That’s why I’m not a fan of them but they seem to be popular so it is what it is :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Also, I hate it when builds only get one vote because it looks like people voted for their own build 😠

If I ever have a vote, I can assure you it wasn't me.  I'm my own worst critic.  Half the time it's irrelevant anyways...it's a rare day one of my builds actually make the gallery.  :rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, helios16v said:

hate it when builds only get one vote because it looks like people voted for their own build 😠

True! I did vote, but for what you’d call ‘an interesting’ build. Which one though? ^_^

19 minutes ago, Johnson said:

True! I did vote, but for what you’d call ‘an interesting’ build. Which one though? ^_^

:pray: please be the egg...please let it be the egg! 

I did vote (that's peer pressure for you) but would have liked at least 3-5 votes because there's not much separating the quality of the builds overall 😔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alan P said:

:pray: please be the egg...please let it be the egg! 

Not the egg I'm afraid, cute as they are. Had to be 1/72 (TOTS!) Can't have those pesky, easy to detail (and very well done) 1/48thers ruling the roost! And definitely not the 1/32!!! :wicked: Far to easy to paint and detail to a superb degree! :lol:.

Seriously, I enjoyed them all.

3 hours ago, Alan P said:

I did vote (that's peer pressure for you) but would have liked at least 3-5 votes because there's not much separating the quality of the builds overall 😔

Yes, I think your idea of spreading the appreciation is a good one.

• Haha 1

Hi Phantom fans,

Have you seen the F-4 Phantom Restorations Thread on Britmodeller? 

All about restoring 2 of the last 'British' Phantoms by the British Phantom Aviation Group (BPAG)  and 74(F) Tiger Squadron Association.

I wish I'd found this sooner as I'm sure many of the modellers who took part in our recent Phantom STGB might have contributed - but it's not too late! See this link:

http://74sqdn.tk/ze360-restoration-page/

And the modelling possibilities for ZE360 are great, in RAF guise or in it's former USN colors.

If this has already been mentioned on this forum, apologies, but I'm guessing not and a bit more exposure won't hurt. If You're interested, do pass it on! :D

Cheers,

• Like 2