Having been inspired by Kallisti's excellent build I managed to get hold of the gonzoid resin APC that is in scale with the Halcyon dropship,unfortunatly I had already built up the drop ship in a clean configuration,which is wrong for this scene,but as Hudson put it,"game Over Man"

HlnKPl.jpg

nFedZc.jpg

QaUHQs.jpg

QbAnO1.jpg

EutJvG.jpg

Fun project,I do like building these Alien bases 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

@Carts  That is a very good work, really good.

I meant no disrespect, it is really good, but I was wondering...

We've seen in the movie, normally the Dropship would land, the APC would drive out imminently right away, and the Dropship would take off right away even if the APC is barely like 10-15 metres away. At that point, the gun turret on top of the ACP is folded down, at the back (like a spare wheel on a 4x4). In the movie, they didn't bring the turret up into attack position until the Dropship was already in the air and flying away, implying it would take some time to active the system and move the turret into position.

The reason for why the turret was moved down to the back was due to the height of the space inside the Dropship. You can't drive the APC into the Dropship with the turret in the top position, that would be like a car with a tall roof-rack driving into a low height garage.

Well, on the other hand, it had just occurred to me while I was typing, that your diorama does not necessary mean it is landing in combat. The Dropship could have landed, shut down engines, and the APC could have casually driven out, stopped as soon as it clears the nose of the Dropship, and just bring the turret into attack position.

As for the last photo, neat use of background, nice one there.