Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Hi there, so I don't normally build science fiction kits however my son asked me to build this one for him so I decided to give it a go. The kit went together well enough with no real problems and I actually really enjoyed the painting experience very different from my usual car builds. 

Thanks for looking 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you like it 

Regards Andy 

Edited by Andy J
  • Like 22

34 minutes ago, Carts said:

I do like,very pleased Son I should imagine 👍

Well I think he was happy when I gave it to him he said " oh great thanks " which is how youngsters tend to be these days 🙂. Thanks for the reply 

Regards Andy 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Cracking job Andy, the painting and weathering look excellent! Where's the 2K though....?! :)

I had 2k withdrawal symptoms after this one Keith. Thanks for the comment mate 👍

• 2 years later...
On 11/04/2022 at 17:49, ModelMonkey said:

Looks fab - I'm swithering over the 1:144 Bandai one vs 1:72 Revell. Was this the level 3 Revell one?

Hi thanks for the comment much appreciated 👍. Tbh I can't remember what kit level it was as I've built many model kits since this one but I do remember it being a very enjoyable build 🙂👍

Thanks Andy! Whatever it is it looks great! You've inspired me, as has my daughter who got me the Haynes manual for the Falcon for my birthday. I smell a purchase.... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ModelMonkey said:

Thanks Andy! Whatever it is it looks great! You've inspired me, as has my daughter who got me the Haynes manual for the Falcon for my birthday. I smell a purchase.... 😁

Go for it mate......and may the force be with you 🙂👍

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Go for it mate......and may the force be with you 🙂👍

Thanks! I might need some intervention from the force as I bring home another kit for the stash.... 1:72 Falcon box will be too big to sneak into the house... 😀

Edited by ModelMonkey
Fingers working faster than brain
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ModelMonkey said:

Thanks! I might need some intervention from the force as I bring home another kit for the stash.... 1:72 Falcon box will be too big to sneak into the house... 😀

Just pop it underneath the passenger seat of your car until an opportune moment presents itself 😉 . Not that I use this method....I'm the boss and I will purchase what I like when I like....🙄

🙂 To be fair, I'm lucky that Mrs. Modelmonkey is largely ambivalent to my hobby. In fact recently after only 17 years of marriage I was permitted to put my 1:24 Routemaster on the bookcase in the lounge. Who knows - maybe there's hope for the Falcon... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ModelMonkey said:

🙂 To be fair, I'm lucky that Mrs. Modelmonkey is largely ambivalent to my hobby. In fact recently after only 17 years of marriage I was permitted to put my 1:24 Routemaster on the bookcase in the lounge. Who knows - maybe there's hope for the Falcon... 

Are you going to run a wip thread of your Falcon build ?

4 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Are you going to run a wip thread of your Falcon build ?

One step at a time Andy! 🙂 Currently still at the planning stages - i.e. I've not bought the kit yet. Will see what else I've got on the go once I get it. I've never done a WIP before so perhaps this would be a good time to start...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ConorC said:

It's a really nice paint job. It's different. I like that you went and did your own thing with the weathering. The shading on the panels looks ace!

Thanks Conor I just painted it the way I thought it should look and I was pleased with the end result 🙂👍