Revell level 5 F/A 18E Super Hornet Build

Good luck! It is very detailed for a big scale Revell jet. I hear you should be prepared for a struggle, it sounds like it fits together like their 1/32 Typhoon (in other words, not at all 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm building the 1/32 two-seat Typhoon now. And yes, it's something of a putty monster. As has been mentioned, a lot of negative press has been seen regarding the 1/32 Super Hornet. I too am watching to see how this big bird goes together. I wish you the very best.

• Like 1

At the risk of being accused of heresy I would recommend you google this kit on Large Scale Planes. There is a really good in depth blow by blow article on how to get a good result with this kit. I put the article on my favourites for when I tackle mine which I got on ebay for less than half the cost of the Trumpeter kit (which also has its problems). Of course I will be following your build with interest.

TRF

• Like 1

hi Hoosier,

this kit will make you realize that skill level 5 is not exactly covering it! I am currently putting the final touches to my super hornet and have posted all issues I encountered on the LSP site, TRF might be referring to that one? Feel free to have a look if you want to see some of the fit issues coming. Look for super hornet with lessons learned and you will find it. By the way I was loving every minute of this build and the end result is very impressive. When the going gets tough, just remember that after this build you will have increased your skills to at least level 5!

Now if there was only an after market company that would make an all-metal landing gear for this kit...

Will follow your progress!

Hugo

• Like 1

Well I will be watching, I read a build article in a recent edition of FineScale Modeller and a lot of test fitting and clamping was required to get parts to fit/align. It looked great in the end.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Th

On 3/11/2020 at 1:54 AM, fastterry said:

At the risk of being accused of heresy I would recommend you google this kit on Large Scale Planes. There is a really good in depth blow by blow article on how to get a good result with this kit. I put the article on my favourites for when I tackle mine which I got on ebay for less than half the cost of the Trumpeter kit (which also has its problems). Of course I will be following your build with interest.

TRF

Thank you . i sure will 

Rick 

On 3/12/2020 at 4:05 AM, hugogo said:

hi Hoosier,

this kit will make you realize that skill level 5 is not exactly covering it! I am currently putting the final touches to my super hornet and have posted all issues I encountered on the LSP site, TRF might be referring to that one? Feel free to have a look if you want to see some of the fit issues coming. Look for super hornet with lessons learned and you will find it. By the way I was loving every minute of this build and the end result is very impressive. When the going gets tough, just remember that after this build you will have increased your skills to at least level 5!

Now if there was only an after market company that would make an all-metal landing gear for this kit...

Hugo

Thank you ,I be happy to see this build from you 

Rick 

Page 18 I need to install the bottom panel. But there is a problem . As you will see , I dont know how to install the part with out cutting these little brackets , then re gluing them back on .

Rick 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I cut the tabs off 

spacer.png

Now the bottom panel fits into place . i am re gluing the tabs back on 

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hugogo said:

Hi Rick, you might want to consider leaving them off. If you try to fit the landing gear door then you will notice that the tabs are no Good anyway.

Thank you  , I will  remove them .  Thanks again . 

Rick 

part 13 I need to install the side panel. The fit not so good , but little work I have it primer

Rick

spacer.png

spacer.png

Applied Plastic glue 

spacer.png

Sanded the plastic feller and applied Tamyia filler 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pick up new primer this morning 

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 12/03/2020 at 09:05, hugogo said:

hi Hoosier,

Hugo

You never know …………..

12 hours ago, Paulaero said:

You never know …………..

I did read your thread . Very nice build . Amazing detail work you done .  I'm hoping to build out  the box straight up build . . I'm sure I wont have that.  . But I hope so 

Rick 

On 3/12/2020 at 4:05 AM, hugogo said:

hi Hoosier,

Hugo

Revell Super Hornet with lessons learned

Is this your thread title ? 

Rick