Kinetic 1/48 F-16BM with a Norwegian flavour

Mozzy19

oh dam it!!!! 

The only reason I'm not busting a blood vessel is because it's a Tiger meet F-16!!!!! 

You have found my Kryptonite.....Tiger Meet schemes!! :wub:

Curses you!!!!!!! :rant:  ...and you have some AM stuff as well, I really want to hate you sooooo much.........but ok I love it!!! :thumbsup: I'll let you off this time!

Good luck and all the blah blah........ I will be looking forward to seeing this scheme being finished!!! :fight:

Gosh I probably should have done a Czech Tiger Meet Gripen too!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Gosh I probably should have done a Czech Tiger Meet Gripen too!

I’m sure you have some space on your bench next to the Super Hornet that you’re building..:wicked:

Plus there’s plenty of time left before the deadline too.

Sean

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mozzy19 said:

I’m sure you have some space on your bench next to the Super Hornet that you’re building..:wicked:

Plus there’s plenty of time left before the deadline too.

Sean

unfortunately not, the spare space is taken up with a Rafale and once a spot is cleared possibly a 1/32nd resin F9F Panther may show up! :D

• Haha 2

Nice choice of scheme Sean!

I've got the same boxing sat in the model room and had noticed the livery you're going for when looking at the Norwegian variants but think mine will be built as the aggressor with the kit decals - it should look alongside my recent F-16A version.

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks Mike. I do like the aggressor schemes in the kit, but the thought of all that masking after dealing with the various shortfalls with the kit makes me want to curl up in a ball and pretend it wasn’t there :blink:

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Plodding on with this. The join between the forward fuselage and rear fuselage is the best I’ve seen on the various Kinetic F-16’s that I’ve assembled.

20200323_173539

20200317_214117

The cockpit looks a little rough, but it’ll tidy up. :thumbsup:

Sean

• Like 5

After looking at pictures of Norwegian BM’s, it would appear that they don’t have the HUD repeater. So I took a razor saw to my nicely painted cockpit and removed it. I’ve also started assembling the tail, wheels bays etc.

20200326_204925

Sean

• Like 4

Fuselage is now together and the intake section has been fitted. The intake didn’t fit with the fuselage as well as it did on my previous builds, although I think this may be due to the second cockpit slightly interfering.

20200327_215401

Sean

• Like 1

The seats got painted and fitted, but I stupidly forgot to take a picture of them. I then sorted out the canopy and applied the Daco reinforcement plates which were quite fiddly.

20200330_205403

Sean

• Like 3

I applied a coat of Tamiya AS-16 this afternoon. I’m not sure that this grey is correct, it looks a little too warm so to speak. For reference, the nose has been painted medium grey and the drop tanks are still in standard Tamiya primer.

20200331_201935

I’ll try get a picture in natural light tomorrow.

Sean

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mozzy19 said:

What’s the opinion on the colour?

Looking at colour photos of the real machine gives me a variety of shades that may be down to a combination of lighting, camera and computer settings, and weathering of the aircraft. What you have there seems a good match for a faded version of the shade though with all those factors taken into account. Perhaps a good basis for darker weathering?

Edited by Col.
  • Thanks 1