As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Col.

F-14 Tomcat STGB - Sat. 18 Sep 21 to Sun. 19 Dec 21

Posted (edited)

An STGB dedicated to the Grumman F-14 Tomcat, from Saturday 18th September until Sunday 19th December, who's up for getting together and building some?

1, Col.

2, @vppelt68

3, @Valkyrie

4, @Jabba

5, @RJ-WobblyHands

6, @DaveJL

7, @theplasticsurgeon

8, @Tony Oliver

9, @helios16v

10, @Hewy

11, @arnobiz

12, @DAG058

13, @Corsairfoxfouruncle

14, @Robert

15, @MarkSH

16, @rafalbert

17, @Sleepwalker

18, @depressed lemur

19, @Harry_the_Spider

20, @moviedrone

21, @Tony Oliver

22, @trickyrich

23, @Hockeyboy76

24, @Andwil

25, @madcat911

26, @reini

27, @Ale85

28, @Marcin Kaminski

29, @daryl_five_zero

30, @almac

Edited by Col.

Yes! At last Col. proposes a GB I can say definitely NO to! I guess you'll have enough participants in a week or two anyway :thumbsup:

I’d be up for that Col

11 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Yes! At last Col. proposes a GB I can say definitely NO to! I guess you'll have enough participants in a week or two anyway :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I’d be up for that Col

You boys were up quick for this one :lol: 

Looks as if I need to start a list already :D 

24 minutes ago, Col. said:

Have we had an STGB dedicated to the Grumman F-14 Tomcat yet? Either way who's up for getting together and building some?

1, Col.

2, @vppelt68

3, @Valkyrie

:nono: :nono: :nono: aw what the heck, no promises of finishing, though... EDIT: it seems like you can re-name this the F-14 STGB III. There was the #2 in 2014 and #1 in 2012. V-P

13 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Count me in.

Job done :D

I feel the need for Speed  .....  talk to me Goose !   Add me in :)  Nothing like Tomcat or 5 on the display shelf :) 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

:nono: :nono: :nono: aw what the heck, no promises of finishing, though... EDIT: it seems like you can re-name this the F-14 STGB III. There was the #2 in 2014 and #1 in 2012. V-P

Nobody says you have to finish it to have fun ;)

So Tomcat STGB episode III? Fair enough.

11 minutes ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

I feel the need for Speed  .....  talk to me Goose !   Add me in :)  Nothing like Tomcat or 5 on the display shelf :) 

Bring on the Top Gun quotes! :D

Edited by Col.

You writing cheques your body can’t cash.....very relevant to group builds on here lol

58 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

You writing cheques your body can’t cash.....very relevant to group builds on here lol

Haha aye that's true :lol:

50 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

I'm in!

Was thinking to tag you shortly but glad to see you've found your own way here :D

Now, where's @trickyrich...

30 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

I built a Revell F-14D in 2012, and 

Fujimi Super Tomcat in 2014 - time for another.

At recent HobbyCraft sale, I picked up this 

Revell F-14D Super Tomcat kit - I'm in.

Seems only right you go for the hat-trick ;)

I tried to tell @Col. my answer to this proposal would be negative, my future GB:s pattern is full, but that maverick of a GB host thought I feel the need for speed like my fellow Finn Kimi, the iceman, and signed me to build more fast naval jets like Grumman Cougars instead of recognizing I´m a slider towards building various slower aircraft powered by RR Merlins and piston radials like a Grumman Goose. Well, I am one! Anyway, the Top Gun is one of the great Hollywood movies like Charlie Wilson´s War, you know the one in which they armed the Afghans with Stingers? Top Gun is a sentimental journey to my youth, not as far back as Steven Spielberg´s American Graffiti (with the unforgettable radio DJ Wolfman Jack howling in the air late after the sundown) or the (song) American Pie where Don McLean sang about Jester stealing a thorny crown in his youth, but in an era before Vipers replaced the A-4:s and F-5:s as the DACT aircraft in the NFWS.

Now, I better get back to my garden to use the chipper so I could be back in time to see Carole Bouquet in For Your Eyes Only. What a lady! V-P (phew... :puke:)

Someone say naval jets?  I'm in.  I may already have a kit or few kicking about.

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I tried to tell @Col. my answer to this proposal would be negative, my future GB:s pattern is full, but that maverick of a GB host thought I feel the need for speed like my fellow Finn Kimi, the iceman, and signed me to build more fast naval jets like Grumman Cougars instead of recognizing I´m a slider towards building various slower aircraft powered by RR Merlins and piston radials like a Grumman Goose. Well, I am one! Anyway, the Top Gun is one of the great Hollywood movies like Charlie Wilson´s War, you know the one in which they armed the Afghans with Stingers? Top Gun is a sentimental journey to my youth, not as far back as Steven Spielberg´s American Graffiti (with the unforgettable radio DJ Wolfman Jack howling in the air late after the sundown) or the (song) American Pie where Don McLean sang about Jester stealing a thorny crown in his youth, but in an era before Vipers replaced the A-4:s and F-5:s as the DACT aircraft in the NFWS.

Now, I better get back to my garden to use the chipper so I could be back in time to see Carole Bouquet in For Your Eyes Only. What a lady! V-P (phew... :puke:)

Now that's impressive wordsmithing :D 

2 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

🙋🏽‍♂️

Welcome aboard Tony :) 

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

Someone say naval jets?  I'm in.  I may already have a kit or few kicking about.

Oh yes Chris. Plenty time to get some in the stash if you don't. Or some more if you do ;) 

5 minutes ago, Col. said:

Oh yes Chris. Plenty time to get some in the stash if you don't. Or some more if you do ;) 

Oh I'm covered.  Only 5.....so far.  :blink2:

I'll join in for this one col👍

35 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Oh I'm covered.  Only 5.....so far.  :blink2:

That's a good start :D 

4 minutes ago, Hewy said:

I'll join in for this one col👍

Excellent! :D 

In too :)

Arnaud

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Col. said:

Excellent! :D 

I've only got 3 of the buggers ,amk, hb, in 48th I'm  actually tempted to get the hb one off to a start in the navy gb, but its a D ,and I've got a crush for a  for a hi vis A or ,hi vis something 

Edited by Hewy

2 hours ago, arnobiz said:

In too :)

Arnaud

Welcome to the fun Arnaud :) 

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

I've only got 3 of the buggers ,amk, hb, in 48th I'm  actually tempted to get the hb one off to a start in the navy gb, but its a D ,and I've got a crush for a  for a hi vis A or ,hi vis something 

Sounds to me as if you need an early A to add a splash of colour and counterbalance all that grey ;) 

53 minutes ago, Col. said:

you need an early A to add a splash of colour and counterbalance all that grey ;) 

🤗, don't i know it 

Several of the late D's that were one of the squadrons heading into the Tomcat's sunset had rather colorful schemes as well.