F-14 Tomcat STGB Chat

Col.

24 minutes ago, Col. said:

You've snuck that one into the stash by telling your wife it's 'an investment' haven't you :lol: 

not quite....she doesn't know about THAT one yet!!!

Have only just broke the news about the ZM F-4E......and I survived....so not pushing my luck for the moment! :D

• Haha 3

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 1:55 AM, Ray B. said:

Building the new tool Academy 1/72 kit right now, and I'm pretty sure I want another crack at it. Especially with VF-31 Tomcatters on the way. Count me in.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 2:36 AM, dnl42 said:

Dang, I just saw this!

Sign me up!

Please. :pray:

Got your names on the list lads :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wimbledon99 said:

Can I join in please? I'm expecting a Tamiya 1:48 F-14D to land at my front door some time tomorrow :yahoo:

Of course you can :D 

I've also taken the liberty of adding @modelling minionto the list since he's clearly forgot to do so himself and we don't want him missing out. No pressure Craig ;) :whistle:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Col. said:

I've also taken the liberty of adding @modelling minionto the list since he's clearly forgot to do so himself and we don't want him missing out. No pressure Craig ;) :whistle:

Cheeky bugger!!

I suppose I have no choice now then do I, in that case I shall "volunteer" with a Tamiya 1/48 F-14A which will most likely be in VF-111 markings. 

Happy now? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Cheeky bugger!!

I suppose I have no choice now then do I, in that case I shall "volunteer" with a Tamiya 1/48 F-14A which will most likely be in VF-111 markings. 

Happy now? ;)

Yes. Yes I am :D 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Cheeky bugger!!

Happy now? ;)

you always have a choice!!!  :fight:

Reckon the Tamiya beastie is going to be a very popular choice for this build....I may have added another D model to the stash by then. :D 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

you always have a choice!!!  :fight:

Oh yes, indeed you do have choices Craig, you may not like the consequences attached to some of your choices but they nonetheless exist ;) 

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Reckon the Tamiya beastie is going to be a very popular choice for this build....I may have added another D model to the stash by then. :D 

How many is that you have now? And are you considering the W.W.E.M.D. option?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Col. said:
16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Oh yes, indeed you do have choices Craig, you may not like the consequences attached to some of your choices but they nonetheless exist ;) 

Sounds like when I have a "choice" in something at home, I'll stick with taking part then as it sounds far less painful!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Sounds like when I have a "choice" in something at home, I'll stick with taking part then as it sounds far less painful!

Good man, that's the best way :D  'Anything for a quiet life' is my motto when it comes to Home Affairs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm actually switching over to the Tamiya F-14A, after looking at that and the AMK F-14D.

I just need a couple of extra AM bits (haha that's what I always say! :D)  to convert her to an early model F-14A.

The scary thing though is that I have started looking at the Trumpie 1/32nd F-14D!!! Then I looked at the price!!!!:yikes: The only thing is it comes with a VF-31 scheme! :wub:

I must walk away from that screen!!! :fraidnot: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

...The scary thing though is that I have started looking at the Trumpie 1/32nd F-14D!!! Then I looked at the price!!!!:yikes: The only thing is it comes with a VF-31 scheme! :wub:

I must walk away from that screen!!! :fraidnot: 

But just think of how big Felix will be! :wub:

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

just think how poor i'll be.........and the length of the hospital stay if SWMBO found out how much it cost! :chair:

So long as she doesn't break your fingers you'll be able to concentrate on it during your convalescence :) 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

oh dear I've just bought another 1/48th Tamiya F-14D! :doh:

I could help myself as it was only $68 USD! Nearly half of what I can get it here for!

That makes 4 Tomcats I have now......any more and I'll need Eno's help to herd them all! :D

Given up on a 1/32nd monster, can'taffrd the Trumpie model.......$450USD!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

oh dear I've just bought another 1/48th Tamiya F-14D! :doh:

I could help myself as it was only $68 USD! Nearly half of what I can get it here for!

That makes 4 Tomcats I have now......any more and I'll need Eno's help to herd them all! :D

Given up on a 1/32nd monster, can'taffrd the Trumpie model.......$450USD!!!

Quite literally cheap at half the price. You are going to be busy! :D 

16 hours ago, Col. said:

Quite literally cheap at half the price. You are going to be busy! :D 

have a look shortly in the Phantom STGB chat....about to post some pure Phantom naughtiness!

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

have a look shortly in the Phantom STGB chat....about to post some pure Phantom naughtiness!

You're a bad man! I've successfully resisted the temptation to get drawn into that thread and convince myself a Phantom somehow needs added to an already packed GB schedule :blink:

• Haha 1