1/72 Injection Moulded HS.(Avro) 748 from S&M Models

Long overdue and, very welcome. Hope it fares better than the 1/144 Viscount. At some point, if this is successful, it would be lovely to see it morph into an Andover!

, Allan

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Yes all fingers crossed that it's better and more refined than the Viscount. And keep them crossed in the hope that its shrunk down to 1/144 for those who would buy loads.

Jeff 

With all due respect Jeff, I hope they don't do that because, I'm a typical tight fisted Scot who only wants one or two on a decent scale! 😉🤣.

In truth, I am not a fan of 1/144 but, I think your suggestion is valid, especially for airliner fans. Just not for me personally. Maybe we'll both get lucky! 😊

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...

Dear Colleagues: responding to a tipoff (thanks!) from another modeler, I had an e-mail exchange with Mel at S & M Models, who assured me that S & M will release a new, injection-molded HS/BAe 748 in 2021, but the pandemic has severely delayed it.  His original guesstimate was for July, but he's had to push that back until later in 2021, and recommends those interested to check his site for updates from time to time.  Should be a nice one!  For those of you familiar with the machine, it's about the size of an F-27, albeit smaller in overall body length--so more manageable.  Initial releases will include Dan Air and Queen's flight. Alex

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sorry, @Julien: I didn't realize this was old news, so I totally "lost the plot."  However, I am encouraged by news (as of this morning) that S & M is continuing with this project in 1/72 scale, despite all the challenges the pandemic presents.

• Like 1