Hi from Gillingham

M3talpig

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself , My name is Steve i used to be (many years ago ) a professional modeller doing architectural models for the industry and in my spare time military models for private collectors.

As with so many things other interests took my attention and modelling slowly took a back seat. It has been twenty years since my last project and have decided that it was time to get back into the hobby side of it again. Recently finished my first 35th scale kit in what feels like an age fairly happy with it but some of my techniques could use some practice as my hands won't do what my brain is telling them to do lol.

So now i've bored you all to death with that, i'm going to have a look around see if i can learn some new techniques from those who are not so rusty and thanks to you all for letting me in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eMAf6vvUJ5EvTT1z9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xhkBgyBiUPeNgLVv8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GEgVt2LaPqP2ZsAc6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ioVkAUPVahSm7cNH7

Steve

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Steve Coombs said:

Hello there, Medway man!

(I spent my formative years in Rainham)

Welcome to the forums.

If you're into armour, I imagine the Royal Engineers Museum is a ready source of inspiration!

Hi Steve go there at least twice a year with the local club as they hold events there to try and encourage younger modellers to the hobby and to show the clubs models in public ...it's a great event. Thanks for the welcome.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Steve. It's always good to get another AFV modeller onto the site. We're outnumbered by all those wingy thing modellers. That's a very fine M4 that you've done there, but I don't like that desk. It's way too tidy:giggle:.

John.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Welcome aboard Steve. It's always good to get another AFV modeller onto the site. We're outnumbered by all those wingy thing modellers. That's a very fine M4 that you've done there, but I don't like that desk. It's way too tidy:giggle:.

John.

Hi John and thanks for the welcome

I apologize for the desk your right its far to clean...must have been post build because it normally looks like a grenade went off up there🤣...... and thanks yes reasonably happy with the M4 but i have had to except the mistakes and remember that i'am rusty and i'm working with paints i have had no experience with.

That being said i think my next project is already feeling more natural to me so hopefully i will improve, did have a mooch around the site last night and there are some next level modellers here so i'am hoping for some inspiration and some advice.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Hi bud .......Kent

Gillingham - the home of the shouting men (which is where Gills fans get their nickname from). The Gill- part of the name, after a millennium and change, gives us the modern word 'yell'.

Perhaps I should stick to building model aircraft...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1903flight said:

Hi Steve,

Welcome form the other side of Medway - I guess we are in the same club?

James

Hi James ....are you a member of Medway model club......forgive me bud i've not been there long so haven't got used to everybody's face and name don't think we are likely to be meeting this month

Hi. Steve,

Yes Medway Model Club, do not worry, I am terrible at putting names to faces anyway.  No meeting in April or May. 

Keep Safe,

James

20 minutes ago, 1903flight said:

Hi. Steve,

Yes Medway Model Club, do not worry, I am terrible at putting names to faces anyway.  No meeting in April or May. 

Keep Safe,

James

A shame but completely understandable ...at least none of us will have an excuse for not bringing something along :D