Hi Everyone.

Another one just off the bench and an aircraft type that in my nearly 50 years of modelling I've never made, so with Eduard's new release I thought I would 

change this.

A great kit with all the usual Profipack goodies,  I only added a pair of resin wheels. 

Painted with Alclads paints, weathered with oils and finished alclad matt cote.

Thanks for looking, gazza l

DSC_0931

DSC_0929

DSC_0935 DSC_0934

DSC_0933

DSC_0932

DSC_0937

• Like 32

Nice work Gazza 

Ive it one of these kits on order. Think it may well find it’s way to the top of the pile. 

Thanks for sharing 

James

• Thanks 1

Subtle weathering and appropriate engine exhaust stains. Really nice build. Will have a place of honor in your collection.

• Thanks 1

Beautifully done tribute to the highest-scoring Mustang ace of WW2. So sad he was shot down and killed by an Army AA gun crew while chasing an Fw-190D-9 on the deck. See the link below to his history and details of his last mission.Very realistic metal finish, weathering, and correct wheel bay colors for a D. Well done! :clap2:

Mike

https://www.historynet.com/george-preddy-top-scoring-world-war-ii-mustang-ace.htm

Edited by 72modeler
added link
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 10:44 PM, Holzhamer said:

Very sharp model Gazza!

Am building this kit right now, any issue found during construction as a heads-up?

Thanks very much,

The only awkward part I found was the wing halves coming together, the undercarriage wells seemed too deep so a little fitting was

required the same story with the fuselage halves and the cockpit structure.  

3 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Cracking build, 50 years and never built a mustang! have you been bitten by the bug now, hope so because that is excellent. Good job!

Cheers, Farmerboy

No never ever made one! I wouldn't mind doing another one but not just yet.

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Beautifully done tribute to the highest-scoring Mustang ace of WW2. So sad he was shot down and killed by an Army AA gun crew while chasing an Fw-190D-9 on the deck. See the link below to his history and details of his last mission.Very realistic metal finish, weathering, and correct wheel bay colors for a D. Well done! :clap2:

Mike

https://www.historynet.com/george-preddy-top-scoring-world-war-ii-mustang-ace.htm

Thanks very much 72modeler, 

Yes it was a sad end to such a brave and skilled pilot.

• Like 1