Revell's 1:72 Horten Ho 229

Hello guys, I present to all of you my most recently finished model. It's the latest incarnation of Revell's excellent Horten Ho 229 in 1:72.

There're two decal options provided and the option to have the aircraft on an in-flight position.

Here are the photos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

oZaZxrn.jpg

GRhsXQC.jpg

vVZe0Je.jpg

TaJoMT9.jpg

0xxn1l7.jpg

V00SuDN.jpg

5D6VgYF.jpg

vLE3Q8B.jpg

D2okFY9.jpg

RAjYWDY.jpg

zNxQ8CK.jpg

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Thanks, can't wait to see how you build your 262.

With great difficulty... I was trying to get an acceptable fit on the engines today.... I do not recommend this for anyone who still has their sanity intact.

42 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

With great difficulty... I was trying to get an acceptable fit on the engines today.... I do not recommend this for anyone who still has their sanity intact.

Is it really that bad of a kit? I'll stick with the Revell 262 in 72 then.

18 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Is it really that bad of a kit? I'll stick with the Revell 262 in 72 then.

I recently built the Revell 262 version. Not a bad kit. I opened up the wheel bay on the wings since they provided a nice cockpit tub. However, the canopy provided wasn’t even close to fitting. It was too narrow and short. I’m trying to fit a vac formed canopy, but that has been a challenge of its own.

i also built the Horten. Not bad kit but things to watch for when in assy. I think I had some work to make the cockpit fit right and fair in the nose/intakes to the body. When I get home I’ll try to post some pictures.

Edited by Bejay53