Challenger 2 BANG!!

Hello all, just got round to putting this on as a few people were interested in how i made the 'smoke'. Cant take all the credit as i got the idea from a video on you tube. I didnt take many pics of the build as it was quick and straight forward. Hope people get some new ideas!!

20180515_153740

It went together really well with little to no modification or fit problems.

I did paint all the wheels before putting the skirts on though!!

20180515_153731

At the time is was using Humrol enamel paints and didnt feel the need to undercoat. I admit it was a gamble but it worked. During the pre shading, i used the edge of a piece of paper to mask, again it worked well and saved me time.

20180515_111436

I did add a little detail as it looked better. This build wasnt really about accuracy and scale it was more to experiment so dont thrash me lol.

20180515_180444

Once i had pre shaded, i then started applying thinned down coats with the air brush and just went over and over untill i was happy. You can still see the white paper protecting the tracks which worked well.

20180516_143806

20180516_144954

20180516_154021 20180516_175427

I used some oil wash (raw umber) again as a trial as i felt black looked to dark.

20180517_095021

After the wash!!

20180517_133750

I did spray gloss all over (about 4 coats) so the washes would run easily. I also used this time to apply the decals so the had a nice smooth surface to stick.

Next i decided on the diorama afer watching the video on you tube, Plaster, Teddy bear filler and a few wires and LEDs knocking about the house came in handy!!

IMG_4721

I had to crack open the barrel and clear a path using a Dremel. Once done started on the base, foam slabs and plaster, few bits of cat litter, YES cat litter lol and the sprayed with the airbrush.

IMG_4719 IMG_4720

I had cut out a section befor painting for the batteries and drilled a hole for the wire and a hole for the long screw that would fit the tank to the base.

IMG_4722

IMG_4728

IMG_4730

This is how i managed the round leaving the barrel, it was very fiddly but the wire i used to power the LEDs was also stable enough to support everything. Yes the projectile is a tooth pick lol im all about house hold items!! all held together with the hot glue gun. The last thing i had to do was put the 'Teddy' stuffing on and around the frame, again very gentle and use of the glue gun. Well thats pretty much it all, ive put the finnished model on ready for inspection but please feel free to ask if you get stuck or i havnt give enouph detail.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...